1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    exactly. i'll still probably play at least a round most days - but I've got Dragon Age,Stalker II & 3, Bioshock 2... heck I haven't finished Fallout 3 and the expansions yet!

I can see BC2 taking a lot more of my time than I anticipated for the next 6mo-year .... having put 20hrs into the PS3 beta and now nearing 40 hours into the PC , I just want to try to get something else off my list before it's ONLY BC2 for the next year ;)

2. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    Just picked this up, I mostly play the engineer as "bpgt64"

3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    awesomeness.

look on the first page for a list of current players, updated whenever he gets the chance. also on there is the Teamspeak info, join the server and then you can know when we are on (until we are all in the in game friends list) my in game is digibucc.

WELCOME! enjoy!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    tyty, should be on around 9pm est...hoping to get my eyefinity on tonight if my adapter arrives!

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I'll add you to the list tonight.

Actually the TS info is on the same post as the club list, or should be, on the 2nd post. Hopefully more people start seeing it and using that TS, I'm sure they will after release.

digibucc says thanks.
  6. MustangGT2142

MustangGT2142 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been playing bc2 beta since the begining and it's truly awsome, way better then any other FPS i played. Can't wait to get my hands on the full game, then i'm gonna kick some serious ass :)

so anyway.. i like to join the club, i mostly play the assault as MustangGT2142

7. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the club gentlemen hope to see you on the battlefield. :toast:

Maybe we should get some signatures with the TS IP. I'd like to see more people in TS and I for one am not above shameless advertising.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    shameless teamspeak server ip addy in sig plug

digibucc, Easy Rhino and TRIPTEX_CAN say thanks.
  9. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    1 week!!!!! now the question is...will steam release the game on time! and if so, will it be at midnight the day of or will we have to wait!

10. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah this is guaranteed to create some Steam rage. no way they will have it released at the same time as retail stores (not allowed) .... so there will be many angry consumers ... i'm gonna try and be patient and all...but don't expect too much from me ;)

11. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty stoked for this!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see the final version be as polished as the console versions appear to be. Despite the possible future of shady hit detection I am still very much addicted to this game.

For the Steam users.. I doubt we'll be downloading before 3:00PM EST but we can always hope. I would like to see a preload for us as well but I don't think that will happen.

12. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    All I can do is hope that there is a pre load. If not a pre load, at least do what they did for Bioshock 2 and allow us to download it at 12 am. My connection is super slow…and I am sure the full release will be about 8+ gigs. If it’s not released till the (mid)day of, I will have to wait till the next day to play. I know I will be playing this pretty hardcore for the first 3 months so I am going to lack the patience to wait till a day after to start playing!

13. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I think it's going to be bigger than 8gb. *fingers crossed for pre-load or 12am release.

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943.

* Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    * Main memory: 2GB
    * Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
    * Graphics memory: 256MB
    * Free HDD space:
    o 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

1Kurgan1 and lemode say thanks.
  14. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah I doubt there will be a pre load. I'm going to try and do what I normally do on Steam releases..

I borrow the disk from a friend ;)

then start the steam install, and pause it. install from disk to the directory steam created when the download started.

then right click the game in your steam list, go to properties, then local files. then click "verify integrity of game cache"... steam will recognize 99% of the files are there, replace the exe with your Steam exe, and you're good to play. I do it all the time.

15. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    i didn't even notice the 15 gig requirement...bleh! well i will cross my fingers for a 12 am release. that way i would be able to play when i get home from work the day of.

16. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    If I can find someone with the disk I'll try that but I dont think anyone I know is buying the hard copy. :shadedshu

I the game isn't released @ 12am I'll just open my remote ports and DL if from work when available. I sure hope VoIP actually works in the retail version.

17. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    all my local friends are worthless console gamers, they won't be playing this game on the PC. i have to play online games with people i've met in games over the past 10 years. :rolleyes:

18. bpgt64

bpgt64

Thanks Received:
    wow lemode, we need to form a clubhouse, because my friends are EXACTLY like that....We used to play starcraft alot, but they have since gone to consoles...hoping for Sc2 to suck them back in..

19. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Poop Noggin Friends Club in full effect!

20. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
  21. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess for the sake of balance, a damage boost on (nearly) every weapon seems appropriate.

I have become adapt at running and gunning close range with the sniper rifle no scope shooting. Now that I can get 1 shot kills close range nearly consistently now, it’s almost as bad as C4ing/tank plowing M-Com stations but still not AS bad.

This will cause me to play assault/engineer/and medic more often now if dmg is bumped up a little bit more. I can’t tell you how frustrating it is empting a clip into someone directly in front of you only to be killed by them. I don’t need to tell most of you though, I’m sure you’ve experienced it too. I guess the piss poor hitbox is to blame.

22. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    The messed up boxes don't help but the game just appears to have a mind of it's own when calculating standard deviation. I hate to say it but at times the game almost NEEDS the auto aim from the consoles to give the experience of quality hit detection. From the ground up the game was designed to use calculations and averages for accuracy apposed to actually allowing bullets to reach their target as fired. With that said.. I don't mind the idea of a buff on certain weapons. Just not the Saiga for the love of all that is holy.

Either way the game plays well enough and we'll all get used to the hit detection knowing that it's not MW2 and blowing up walls is and always be pure win.

23. MustangGT2142

MustangGT2142 New Member

Thanks Received:
    localProfile.setGamespyNick [GameSpyNick] – Sets the GameSpy login name for your account

dont tell me we have to use GameSpy for this game

24. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    hey server members! on monday night march 1st around 9:00pm eastern time we should meet on teamspeak to discuss our overall plan for the server. (to become a member please donate!)

topics will range from game type rotation (CTF,RUSH,DEATHMATCH,ETC) to general admin policy of the server (SUSPECTED CHEATERS/EXPLOITERS,FRIENDLY FIRE KILLS,ETC).

this will be a great time to get your ideas out for how you see the server being the most useful to us.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    OMG! I missed them meeting! :laugh:

Easy Rhino says thanks.