1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No moving vehicles = fail for BF series.

2. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    then you're not going to like squad rush. its infantry only and 4 on 4 with no vehicles.

3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Squad rush has vehicles. One at the center of the map ;)

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  5. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    No squad rush has no vehicles. Squad Death Match. That is 4 vs. 4. vs. 4 vs. 4 with 1 vehicle.

And not having vehicles is not really a fail for BF series. "No vehicles" is the number 1 most requested server option and has been added to both BF2 and BF2142 after release. They are just doing it from the beginning which is a good move IMO. It will give the MW tards....I mean players a way to adjust to BF gradually.

I can't see the new trailers from work, but if you guys ever go to escapistmagazine.com, the current ad before any videos on their site is a 30 second BFBC2 add. It is a buggie driving through a town dodging tank fight, helo fight, ground troops, etc. It was pretty awesome though it gets old since I tend to watch 8 to 10 videos a visit.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  6. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I actually prefer no vehicles. Mostly because vehicle control blows with a keyboard, and I don't have a joystick, only a 360 controller, so switching is a pain. I always end up dropping the damn thing. lol

7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    You should not really need a controller or joystick to drive the ground vehicles. They are fairly simple to use.

8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Just using and using very well are 2 entirely different things.

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  9. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Very true, very true. I have no issues with controlling land vehicles with a keyboard, though I have had trouble roadkilling people with the Quadbike (4-wheeler for us country folk).

I got one. What was your favorite kill for the beta?

Mine was destroying the Russian van with a hand grenade with 3 BeerMe clan members in it. That was both satisfying and awesome. The approach, the tumble, the mid-air explosion, all awesome.

10. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I actually don't have the Beta as of yet. I haven't been able to order the game yet. Money going to a hardware upgrade right now.

11. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    has to be 2 birds 1 stone...

that last kill i got on you where you JUST spawned and i shanked you. not only that, that kill specifically gave me my 100 melee kill badge!

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  12. Glazierman

Glazierman New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok, let me in [TPU] Glazierman

13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Club list updated, 1st post updated, theres a celebrity tournament video up there, only a few days away, can't wait.

14. Glazierman

Glazierman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I get my limited edition Wednesday but my new computer wont be up and running till I get my replacement operating system and then I have to set the cards and the raid system up.

15. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    SOOOOO Anyone else dying to play this game again?

With all the game modes and maps I have no clue where to even start. Single player, Conquest, Squad rush, or Squad Deathmatch? A mad rush to get ranks and unlocks as fast as possible while trying to figure out what rotation we should run on our server.. this is going to be intense!!

I hope the voice com in game is working well but I would really like to see a mandatory mic setup process when the game first launches so people who want to communicate can get prepared and those who have mics they dont even use can properly mute them so we don't hear their wife and kids in the background. I hope we also get the option to mute players in our squad who have bad mic feedback or crackling/distorted playback.

I didn't even get to play on the last day of the beta due to a rediculous data error on my PC. My 1.5tb (POS Seagate) decided to crap out it's MFT and MFTMIRR and all my stored data became inacessible (6 years of data) so I've been running a sector by sector recovery scan on the drive for the last 40h and it's only 70% completed. I didn't have a backup... because I'm retarded, but I pickedup a 1Tb external drive to perform incrimental backups now. FML

16. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    yea i am very excited to play! but also i am anxious because, as you said, where do we start! i have a mid-term on the 2nd :banghead: so i have to do most of my work over the weekend. it isnt a big deal, but something else to have on my mind! you guys CAN expect me on our server almost all day wednesday. remember, on monday mods should meet on teamspeak around 9pm eastern to discuss a plan of action.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Has the provider contacted you about the mod tools yet? I think it's a good idea to have our clubhouse info scrolling in the game (or in the banner maybe) so people can inform us of /teamkillers/exploiters/glitchers and other dooshes relatively quickly if no mods are online at the time. Haiving one of the best monitored servers will help keep us populated IMO. I'll definately be on TS Monday night

18. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    no, they wont be able to give me any of that information until they install the servers on tuesday. although, i havnt asked directly about the mod tools. im gonna email them now.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Glazierman

Glazierman New Member

Thanks Received:
    good news

Thanks for the info. I just got confirmation that the oc shows up Monday at 5:00 pm so maybe just maybe if nothing else goes wrong I'll fire this bad boy up and get the bugs out by Tuesday and then install game Wednesday :D

20. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    hrm, all i know is that the site says it fully supports the BCBF2CC tool and i can manage server stuff as well using a web panel.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    what do i get out of the tpu server if i donate 50 bucks a month to it, lol im serious

22. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Maid services.

23. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    $50 a month? lol no reason for that. i would suggest donating $10 right now which gets you 2months of reserve slot action. if in a couple of months we really get some interest then we can start talking a second server!

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    you know i hadn't even thought of that, but it could be pretty cool. different rotations/modes for the choosing, sounds good :) something to look forward to at least...

I imagine the interest will be there. I see it being a skilled but not too harsh server. evenly moderated so it's fun for members and pubs, and pushing teamwork obviously. as long as we do a halfway decent job of keeping cheats/spammers out we should stay packed.

25. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    i bet i could talk the guys over at MIS to hook me up with a second server for even less and then purchase for 6 months. obviously this would be risky for me to front all that cash and i would constantly be begging people to donate LOL!

Crunching for Team TPU