1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I am at work right now. I don't get off work for another hour and 45. I will be on then for a while. I will post my vacations days once I verify I have then right. I can play whenever on those days.
  2. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is why I tell you, "don't hold your breath"...
    Good example, right there. Funny how that didn't stop them from making the patch for the PS3 imminent. I guess that's an example of "Through hell and high water?"
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  4. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    it is possible (though completely stupid) that console QA is a completely different branch.
  5. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Not only did they release a 1.03 patch for the PS3 Thursday, a totally unannounced 1.04 PS3 patch was released on Friday, in North America only. The lack of notice from DICE on the 1.04 release leads me to believe it was totally authorized and coordinated by the Playstation Network folks, not DICE.
    The 1.04 patch seems to include support for the new Onslaught game mode.
  6. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    But wait, there is more, the issue isn't the Romania transportation strike. It's that the patch failed in QA now ;) (I think the 3rd one now from what's been posted).
    Apparently a map loading crash. Originally, the patch was 1Gig but will be reduced to 400Meg download.

Found this over at the EA UK BC2 forums pic
  7. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Saddest comic evah :(
    TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  8. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry New Member

Thanks Received:
    I heard about the QA fail before this Romanian strike though. I assumed it failed the first QA test, then DICE 'fixed' it, but now it can't be tested.

Also, the comic pretty much sums it up. I was really excited about the new features, mainly chatlog, and chat while dead.... along with the other changes. Now that it has been so long not to mention lack of onslaught for PC, I've sorta fallen into a state of disillusion...
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Finally had a good match in BC2, lately its been snipers galore or me wandering around looking for sumone to own, but it backfires:laugh:
  10. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Anyone see there are new weapon unlocks on the stats page ?
  11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Whats the patch needed or, my only gripe is backstabbing is a crap shoot, otherwise whats the huge issue? And I been playing a lot.
  12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    same as you. backstab iffy, everything else wunderbar.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  13. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    so, I've been getting lonely in-game. I think we should have a TPU group PWNing session sometime. since I'm out for the summer, pretty much anytime would be fine.
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I stopped playin in TPU servers, mainly cause I get higher ping then usualy which is normal considering Im from another country and the servers are based in USA:toast:, but I would still join and pwn anyone I can find:roll::roll:
  15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn't see anything new. Maybe you just didn't see them before? Post up a screen if not!
  16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    nothin new to report here except that the friends list is working for a change :D
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  18. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    What kinda ping you get to West Coast servers? I get about 240 to Aus servers and I really don't notice any lag in them, but I'm in central US.
  19. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I think it was around 290 ping - 350 ping, I haven't played on your TPU servers in awhile so I don't fully remember exactly how high it was, but Ima check it out some time 2day, it would be good to play with ppl u kinda know:eek::toast:
  20. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:

bit of a waste of time/effort IMO.

unless their gonna bring in some anti aircraft emplacements/guns that fire ground to air missles at choppers instead of the standard A.A gun you have in the base you first spawn at on selected maps.

how many times is someone gonna be able to attach a tracer on to your chopper? how many people carry a tracer gun?

not enough to warrant having flairs as maps arent that big. & the role that a chopper plays is mainly the same as a jeep - get in, fly to a destination. or bale out on route because groundfire from heavier (mounted) weapons has totally f**ked it up....

its 1 in a million chance you'l get you use those flairs.

but obviously - hats off to the monkeys at ea/dice who wasted time implementing this shit. good f**king job.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  21. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
  22. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ill use it just to confuse people. Think about it. Land on an MCOM station and deploy flares. Fire and smoke everywhere blocking snipers open shots. No I think flares are a great idea on the gunships.
  23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh, you can't satisfy everyone. Complainers like to complain. Played a bit last night after a long break. Game is still as good as ever.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  24. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry but this post makes no sense and is slightly ridiculous in exaggeration.

Having flares on the choppers gives them the chance to be use as more than simple fly and drop transports. Using blackhawks as a mobile spawn is hugely beneficial to a team. I'm going to assume you have not flown the attack choppers in BC2 either since if you had you would have already known that tracers are a content threat. Flares are an intended feature in the game and are working on the console versions. In Atacama Desert, the only heavy vehicle mad imo, almost everyone carries a tracer pistol.

I'm curious as to what you're :pimp:
  25. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    flares will be an excelent addition to the tweaks they did to tracer darts. flares will prevent (in the hands of good players) the other team from easily taking down your transport choppers & even regular gunships. i'll probably log in to check it out if when it gets put in game but i am sure that's hardly going to make me play full on again.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.