1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Vietnam is technically an expansion as it requires BC2 and is only $15 and you use the same account/stats but in every other way it's a different game. Just to give you a little clearer idea of the deal. I'd definitely get both as well.
    xbonez says thanks.
  2. xbonez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    As I mentioned, I'm only interested in the MP. I probably won't ever play the SP campaign. Do they sell a MP-only ver. ?
  3. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    no, but again, its only 20 bucks, even cheaper if you find it on sale.
    xbonez says thanks.
  4. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I don't find vietnam a different game at all. IMO it is far from a new game, but definitively an expansion. not worth 15$ to me though
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I don't know when I think expansion something like BF2 Special Forces comes to mind which didn't really deviate from the base game at all just added new weapons and a few maps essentially. I guess you could make the argument that Vietnam does the same but it's somehow on a different level to me.
  6. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    My take on BF BC2 is the sp is pretty freakin good, better then the mp. I think BF2 is better then BF BC2 mp.
  7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    :slap: blasphemer!!!!

No. Play the SP campaign to get use to the system. Even if doesn't look all that different, it will feel different to players of other titles.
  8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, I personally never got into BF2, I played it a lot, just didn't really like it like I did 1942, felt different. I enjoy BC2 much more.

Coming from another game that will probably help, but could just jump right into it, I think I have only played 10 min or so of the SP.
    TheLaughingMan says thanks.
  9. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Started using the VSS with the RedDot... liking it so far :D

3,500 ;)
  10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, thats a very fun setup, but it just rips through ammo.
  11. blu3flannel

blu3flannel

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, they give you around 60 or 70 bullets (I can't remember) and you can chew through all of them trying to kill 5 people. It's ridiculous. :shadedshu
  12. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Ill be on TS if anyone wants to play.
  13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No links?
  14. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    I finally got an opportunity to play with some of you guys last night! :D
    But you didnt even say hello :(
    I joined a random server and Haru,Crazy and you too,Triptex were there.we played about 2.5 a game then you all dissapeared.Im not surprised,that last game was shit,there was constantly someone baseraping..it was ridiculous cos I've spawned at the mainabse and shot two of those F*****S straight away,but I was killed by the server for breaking rules!!!
  15. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't think about it too much, sometimes its hard to notice people. I usually only spot highway if he's killed me or I killed him, or he happens to be in a vehicle with me. Thats if we aren't using skype or something.
  16. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    You lose way to much accuracy with the RDS in my experience and the ammo upgrade is mandatory with the VSS. It's a really good gun, with some quirks.
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    At close range I can't use 4x or anything besides Red Dot, just too much zoom, and thats all I use the VSS for, is for building clearing.
  18. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    The VSS is great for that. :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    With a bit of practice you can hip shoot the VSS with decent accuracy to about 10 feet or so, that along with pistol work is enough for close quarters. For pure close quarters a shotty is always going to be better.

I just think you give up way to much medium / long range using a RDS over ACOG (4x) or stock sniper scope and it's less accurate than iron sights at close range.
  20. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Just picked this up in the recent Steam sale and all I can say is that I wish I had heard of this before, not that a 400+ page thread is inconspicuous.

I am currently advancing my sniper (about to move on to level 4) and my kills are slowly starting to outweigh my deaths. All this running around searching buildings isn't for me, but thankfully the game also caters to those of us who are sneaky, low-down, dirty bastards at heart by allowing us to find a bush or a concealed cove from which to deliver one well placed shot - sheer bliss, hope to shoot you all soon.
    Radical_Edward says thanks.
  21. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    I know..but I posted a greetings to all of them and TPU too,but nobody replied..I guess we were all busy with the fight...but noo hard feelings..Oh Highway..This guy likes to sneak up to people,doesnt he?? :)
    But I've shot him several times while he was trying to sneak behind my teammates :D
  22. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Recons is for you then. Remember to use Q to spot enemies for your team mates.
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If they are all in TS, they probably never even look at chat. I'll have to find Harus TS and link it in the OP.
  24. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    totally saw you and didn't recognize your in-game. Trip and I were like "what the heck is that guy talking about in the chat"

the TS is where it's at. info is in my sig, I will be on tonight sometime around 8pm EST.
    Rado D says thanks.
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    So I just played Arica and there was a bunch of Sniping noobs up o nthe hill, and I hate sniping, but I finally decided I would try the T88 with it's norm scope, that way I can maintain good mid range, yet have a decent scope for long range. I haven't ever tried it like that before, only used RDS as I figured it would be horrible, but not actually, I was killing the camping noobs up on the hill like crazy, I could keep my scope on them and keep firing, never even got hit. I might actually play that loadout more.

Only question is, I know the bolt action rifles aren't effected by Magnum Ammo, I assume the Semi-Auto and Auto Rifles are?
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.