1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    1Kurgan1 and MT Alex say thanks.
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I'm on 16:10, 1920x1200.

Yeah, n-ster has it quoted in his post, thats screenshots of it.

3. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    It's the 1st link in the OP, kinda hard to miss :roll:

4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Hey n-ster I finally feel comfortable enough to fly after taking some of these suggestions and reading a couple other threads on flying. After about an hour practicing on Heavy Metal last night alone I went to a server with 8 guys on the desert map and actually killed a few guys.
    I only crashed once. The other side had a better pilot who shot me down a few times , but it was fun. Inverting the mouse and picking your own keyboard set up is paramount. Good Luck !
    Hey if you are up to practicing tonight I will be on most of the night and then maybe we could hook into the TPU server. Are you on Teamspeak yet ? I'll probably be on about 9 p.m. Eastern time 7 p.m. Boise time. Heavy Metal and Desert are good empty maps to practice on. Hey another tip is set your vehicle with secondary weapon's so you have both missiles and MG. I was only running missiles last night and later thought about it and could of did a lot more damage if I'd had the MG too. I was on a Tank map earlier though and went with more armor. MG's don't do squat to tanks except make noise.
    Teamspeak is a great tool for hooking up with other TPU members. Some of us get obnoxious on Friday Night's after we have had a few :toast::roll:
    These are my two profiles
    Practice: Idaho
    Game: {TPU}Idaho

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
    n-ster says thanks.
  5. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I never really crash, where my problem lies is skipping the missiles n shit. I usually play in almost full maps of 32 players, so RPGs, Tanks, AA guns, it's really hard lol

I don't really have a mic :p and I usually have to stay quiet at home to not bother my parents etc

I'll be sure to try to find yoy tonight, but it'll be late... 11 PM EST earliest probably

6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    There in lies your flying problem. To many things blowing you out of the air. With that many on a server you aren't gonna be up there long. 11 EST is 9 my time. I'll just being warming up. Probably about the time I try flying with my main profile.

7. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    dling any & all updates and vietnam purchased...i prolly won't play as much this time round...but i'll play a little bit. bored with monday night combat all together.

8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Come try 'Nam. I have been having a great time with it.

9. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Clan Wars!!

We are having a Clan war of TPU vs MIA and any other contending clans on the TPU server at 8PM EST. BRING THE HEAT!!!

10. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    not enough warning. sorry. plan it out a week in advance and make it not so early (like midnight) some of us work late.

11. hv43082

Thanks Received:
    Are we still on with MIA?

12. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I would be there, but cant be on that late thur - sunday. Earlier in the week and maybe 11 or 10 est and I'd be up for it.

13. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Sorry couldn't come tonight Boise, Got held up in a poker tournament. Won lots, lost lots. My net for today was a Big mac + Big Fries (Canada is expensive, that totaled 10$), I least 'm not in the red :p better than nothing right?

14. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    this tonight if so, ill take them bastards on myself

15. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I will be sitting on the server all day doing nothing but populating it. I turned off the idle time kick setting. I will not be at the keyboard aka i will be AFK for most of the day. I just want to get some people on the server in case you are wondering.

Radical_Edward says thanks.
  16. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    They need to patch that, it's extremely misleading. SPECACT weaps aren't bad, there is a reason they are the final unlocks for each class. The weaps are balanced and I like the default "noob" weaps a lot. You can compete with someone that is using SPECACT kits with the noob weaps.

You are coming in a vet from other Battlefield games, so you know the ropes. Myself, this is my first one and with all the crazy chances I take to keep the action going, my k/d ratio suffers. My k/d ratio is coming up with experience and practice, but it was brutal at first. As far as weap choice goes, use whatever is most natural to you to succeed in getting the kill. I had to earn several insignias for weaps I didn't want to use, but I am getting close to being able to use what I want, when I want, without grinding for insignias.

Never stated going platinum each weapon was feasible. Going gold each weap should yield the same point value as continuing to earn gold for your choosen weap, so I go that route. I got plat in heavy armor about 30, so now I avoid tanks so I can get kills towards other stars. Sucks you can't multi plat cuz I am teh uber pwner in tanx. a.k.a. Tank Commander. As I am closing in on accumulating all insignias, I see the level grind is going to be brutal very soon in a few levels when I have all insignias. Weap stars are my only way to facilitate the process.

I'm on top of the world now that I've figured out where to put the scope for sniper. I love hanging back and sniping from afar. I even get in assault rifle range with people and go toe to toe, head shotting them while strafing while they are shooting right at me. M95 is the pro sniper rifle. I learned with it to grind SPECACT pins and insignias, it helped me a lot to force me to aim correctly. What drives me nuts is when people play recon and NEVER throw a motion mine. Every time I throw one, it makes a world of difference and the enemy usually gets wiped out in their cubby hole when my side rushes in per knowing their exact location.

The red hat helps big time to identify them, I forget which side I'm on and get killed thinking I am the other team after playing long hours.:eek:

OMG, did I ever have a blast grinding for my C4 insignia, literally. Believe I will go back to using that once I finish grinding all other insignias.

As for FOV, anything beyond the default value is fish eye per the way the game is coded. I'm leaving mine @ default.

I can't get the car radio to work and I have it set @ 1 in the ini. Ne1 else have this problem?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  17. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    SPAWN RAPAGE!!!!

I realize you won't actually spawn but man I love that and base rapage. After obtaining all positions, I love to spawn rape @ the uncap base. It is one of the greater joys in life. :D

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Scum.

Black Haru and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  19. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    i feel spawnrape is justified if you are getting spawnraped your team deserves it cause they are not playing together as a team

20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah dude why don't you go play on a console? You'll fit in better over there.

Oh yeah I'm sure it's never because the other team is 75% Level 50 and mine is all in the teens at best (which seems to happen a lot).

21. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    LULZ, drive me out if you don't like it. I'll take anyone one head to head, I don't care if you are spawn raping my base. That would be a really fun challenge. I should let the other team take all the positions and base rape my side so I can win in that scenario. I've made the entire other team rq after taking all the positions back and base raping them after they had them all and were base raping me.

I hate it when people whine about game parameters the devs created. Laming in Jedi Academy, base rape in BFBC2. Devs allow for this, so deal peeps.

Base raping is pro, whining about it is noob. I'll gladly take all your positions, WrigleyVillian and base rape you, so you can whine about how I should play on consoles while I pwn you every way there is to pwn you.

I notice servers that warn about base raping, warn about several other things, like spamming rockets or some other lame BS. Learn to play, period.

22. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Not in Vietnam they don't and it's a nice change from vanilla IMO. Anywhere near enemy uncap is out of bounds. And yeah I have such a good chance of driving you out when I'm spawning in plain view of your tank reticule.

23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Team stacking happens all to often man. You know this.

Yeah those stupid developers. What do they know about creating a game thats fun. BASE RAPE! :rolleyes: Its called sportsmanship. You should look it up.......nevermind, I did it for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship

24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    And again it was changed in Nam so apparently they realized they made a mistake by allowing access to enemy uncap in vanilla.

25. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    See my previously edited post.