1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    also for ports check your router settings for an EA tunnel port. my router says it opened up port 10000 for that. sounds suspicious...
  2. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I'm the DMZ. No need for that. All Ports are open.
  3. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    With some people being able to play almost all the time and others not being able to play at all i makes me wonder if individual ISPs need to update their DNS before the connections get though.. I'm just taking guesses now.
  4. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Just a Heads up.

If you had a problem like mine, where the game will refuse to go to full screen, you have to manually change it in the .ini for game settings since it is not a normal option.
  5. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    SO many damned problems its making it unplayable

My latest problem:

NO F#$%ING SOUND

the sound was working fine for the first two days even though I couldnt login or join a server but now the sound is all F#$%ed.
  6. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Update your audio to the very latest drivers. Then switch the audio in game to "War Tapes". That should correct the issue. My roommate's sound would work for everything but the vocals.
  7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    yeah - having tonns of problems with the game myself - the main one being that I cant join ANY game even though server browser says their is space unless its something retarded like 7/32 players then yes i can join - otherwise it does nothing I have to carry on going down the list & clicking on servers that have free slots that it wont let me in not to mention the fact that it takes almost 5mins to update the server list...

everything else seems to work fine - I just cant seem to get into a game at all. is this the end result after months of beta testing??? what were they doing?? drawling all over each others faces with felt tip pens?

Im close to quitting the game for another 4 days (until monday) until they sort these issues out because at this rate i might as well just go play with my dick
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    oh & people on my friends list keep dissapearing.....& keep getting disconnected from server when searching for games. blah blah blah..... so disapointed - I was looking foward to playing over the weekend. but i cant even do that now. my mates are having similar issues.
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Have the Multiplayer issues been fixed or at least updated a bit?
  10. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I haven't have any CTD playing our server since yesterday. Guess they fixed it.
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    koolies!
  12. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they are aware of the connection issues. It is server side and they have been working on it since day 1. Them working on it is part of the reason you get disconnected from EA master server every now and then. It has been significantly improved as of today.

Please note the list of players on the server was a snap shot and not a up to the minute account of who is on the server. Since, as you stated and does happen, the server list takes like 3 to 4 minutes to display anything. Any number of people could have joined/left a server. Suggestion, try joining any server with low ping full or otherwise. Or try servers that are kinda full (5 to 8 slots open) instead of nearly full (1 to 3 slots).

You can also play with us in [TPU] TechPowerUp! Clan Server and add some of us to your buddy list and just join us for games when we find good places to kill people.
  13. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    can't say it enough i love this game.
  14. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    You should stop killing me with your grenade launcher. Cheapo! :laugh:
    TheLaughingMan and lemode say thanks.
  15. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    i was hoping someone would say something to that degree and you did not disappoint! :roll:
  16. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seriously, they need to fix the bugs in this game. They are aware of the connection issues but do they acknowledge and will fix the surmountable, undeniable, obvious game stop bugs? Honestly, this games makes me wonder why I didn't prefer MW2 :wtf:. I mean seriously, it's starting to look like my total wait time from clicking the BC2 icon to playing in game is close to the wait time for MW2's P2P setup. :shadedshu
  17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I would but unfortunately my game has a nasty habit of deleting my friends. tried over 20 times. nothing doing
  18. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    You have some really weird issues. In fact, my friends list stayed intact after the beta, everyone that I added during the beta are still there.
  19. bigtye New Member

Thanks Received:
    Having spent alot of time on the beta, and finally getting into a multiplayer game in the wee hours of this morning, (thanks to full servers and connection problems), I feel the playing experience is much improved. Like, heaps and heaps improved.

I never used to bother with the LMG's as medic in the beta, just shotgun to the face up close. Now, on server I see heaps of guys using the LMG's, as well as myself. Much improved accuracy has made this weapon viable again.

I'm finding it a little hard to start off with though, as I have no gadgets and some guys have 31hrs play time (already) and a million gadgets. Playing as medic with no first aid or defib etc, you are almost useless to your squad.

No sound problems for me luckily, but some of my clanmates have graphical glitches where the symbols leave a shadow ghosting blur across the screen until the screen is filled up. Anyone else seen this?

Tye
  20. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Update: The Buddy list and some other issues seem to related to the Beta. If you still have the Beta installed, please remove it. Then shut down Steam and restart Steam. Then any issues related to missing buddies should stop.
  21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    never had the beta
  22. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Just relaying information I get a hold of from EA. Not sure what your issued with your friend list is. It may just be them taking the EA Master server offline 2 or 3 times in the last day fixing things. The buddy list may simply reappear the next time you log on.

I would definitely send them an e-mail about the issue and I am sorry you are having so much trouble.
  23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    another thing - what is HSAO in the graphics settings?
  24. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion

HBAO stands for Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion and is a rendering technique developed by Nvidia originally and that we have integrated into Frostbite for use on all DX10 and DX11 graphics cards.

It is a technique that creates soft & realistic contact shadows between objects and can really enhance the visuals but in a quite subtle way. It can be a demanding effect for the graphics card and as such is primarily meant for more higher-end cards. It only is a cost on the GPU, not the CPU.

Since the PC Beta we've done a bunch of optimizations on the effect together with both Nvidia and AMD, so if you had performance problems with it before: please give it a shot again in the retail game if you have a modern & fast GPU!

For the full technical details about how HBAO works, see this presentation by Nvidia from SIGGRAPH 2008: Image-Space Horizon-Based Ambient Occlusion.
  25. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    HSAO is a system killer, well kinda:D