1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Glad you had a good night, I havent played in a while and had the itch, played maybe 6 rounds, and almost all of them, even though we had the winning team, consited of the other team turtling and holding only 1 flag, and not trying for others, just setting up defenses, and then always a squad trying to go landmine our spawn and take our tanks, and a bunch of deaths to m2cgs. Won almost all of the games, but wasn't any fun at all.

I think I seen you join on my last round, that guy dead last on your team, and his clan mate were 2 of the spawn rapers.

2. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    That's too bad. I had a couple maps where the teams did well, then the map changed and all of a sudden, everyone got lazy and just shot each other over the mid-ground and ignored the objectives... Usually I end up server hopping/game mode hopping until I find something that works. I've been wanting to play for a while, since I hadn't played in so long. Though, now I have to wait a bit longer as I just did a clean install of windows; may take a day or so before I get back in game again.

3. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,I've send few of you a friend request in BC2,please confirm it.I really would like to play with some of you.
    I've send request to Wrigleywillain,Marineborn,MT Alex,Crazyeyesreaper,CGS_Burt..I should be able to play with the rest based on this list...thanks

4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    It only works while you and the recipient are in game.
    Sucks ! Best way to coordinate it is to hook up on
    teamspeak and use it to find out when people are in game.

Rado D says thanks.
  5. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    THAT!! Damn I didnt know this..its ubber stupid..anyways thanks for letting me know..weeell,I was there few times,on TS but Im kind of feeling silly to say anything in the mic LOL
    I chatted with Crazyeyesreaper,he is a really cool chap.

anyways,here is my run just had..I didnt finish 1st,but 4th place isnt bad either,if you consider that I started really shit,nearly halfway through I had like 8/16 or so,yet look,I didnt end up that bad,did I..sometimes the best motivation is when you are really pissed that its not going well for you LOL:toast:
    [​IMG]

...and another run.what a succesful afternoon BC2 session!!LOL in this round I knifed total 9 people :D mind you,this is not a noob server..just really worked out great for me.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I was the same way when I first got on. Down a few beers it'll losen you up :toast: Then once you get to know a few folks it'll all be good. If you are under age strike the beer part ;)

Rado D says thanks.
  7. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Hey Rado Im full at 15 but gonna clear out a few as there's some I never see logged in anyway. So send again. Yeah TS is good for finding people but obviously nothing beats having them on your in-game list. I got a few just on Steam for example and it's frustrating to not know what server they're on without asking.

You definitely want Marineborn on your list as he's on your side of the pond there. Guess you'll just have to get used to the raging. :p

Rado D says thanks.
  9. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys for being kind to help..I'll definitely watch out for you while in game and I will send you a friend request..then we can rock "n" roll!! :toast:

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  11. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    why do you say that?

12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Mailman, AA is broken in BC2, for sure..I use 8xAA...look at this screenshot...

The other perspective to gary's last pic:

[​IMG]

13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I'll mention that I previously complained about it being driver issue why AA wasn't working, however, someone here in a thread a started on the issue told me it was only applied to certain textures, and DICE confirmed this for me, as even in your own pics, there is TONNES of jaggy lines that in other games would not be there.

Frankly, I notice no difference from no AA to 32xAA, except for the performance hit. Morphilogical AA works on some stuff, but screws wit htext, so that just isn't an option.

AA is one of the things I will be looking at for BF3, for sure.

15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I only personally notice AA when I'm standing still looking around, not sue on my BC2 setting, or if it's working on not, move too much to notice.

16. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I see it as a non-issue, but it's something that would be nice if it worked properly.

17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    My point was mine is not as jaggy as yours or Garys.

18. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes, sometimes it works:

[​IMG]

19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Set it to 2x AA and see. If I go any higher then 2x it goes jaggy.

20. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I discovered yesterday that as assault you can lay 7 C4 charges. Use explosives perk for more C4, put ammo pack on ground, place 4, get some from ammo pack, place, repeat. Detonating makes them all go boom. That is, if you like being useless (I do sometimes because the destruction and physics is just a lot of fun to play with).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  21. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    :roll:

I do it also some times

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    No I don't think it's broken per se. Just...kinda wierd. It doesn't apparently apply to all surfaces like some rooftops, vehicle antennas and some other things. I dealt with and researched this a lot right after release cause it was worse and more noticeably jaggy for sure. I attempted to determine if it was better on NV at the time which I don't think it was. Drivers maturing may be part of it but it's really just the engine I speculate.

Hold your gun to the sky, for example. It's definitely applying AA or you'd notice jags. Damn, I recently came across an AA screenshot comparison and the one without was seriously jaggy all over the place. Wish I'd saved it.

You sure it's not just some things and that nothing is jaggy at 2x? Not my experience, as I explain above, though I have never personally run only 2x iirc.

23. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I'll check it out.

24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Im gonna look closer too now. But my past testing and other reports I've seen lead me to believe what I said above is the case. Though I suppose one could make the argument that not applying AA to all surfaces (or not doing so consistently) could be described as "broken". But even if so it's not so broken that it really bugs me which no AA at all most definitely does. That said, I do notice jaggy surfaces here and there. They are the vast minority though.

25. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I just built a new machine last night and bumped up to 8AA and the game froze first round.
    I had the card over clocked too though. I'm going to do some experimenting today. I also cheated and just left my hard drive as is from the previous system. I swapped motherboard drivers, but I may have to totally reformat any way. The new machine screams , but the case is too small. I can't even get the side cover to go on with out bulging. Thermaltake Frio is huge. No biggy though I run with out it any way. I have some fan issues I have to resolve too. So if I get this right most people running 8 AA have quirkiness ? I'm at 4 now which I couldn't do prior with out bad lag with my old quad.

Spaceman Spiff says thanks.