1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    jsut as i thought running bc2 as we speak with my old trusty 8800gts so far more then a half hour with out a single crash enough said, instead of going trough all the steps trough erockers guide i will just install windows 7 fresh on another partition and try it
  2. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I forgot how long 1000 ticket servers can be. Especially when both sides are decently balanced.

Still can't figure out why I get texture flicker in game. Sometimes the whole screen flickers between a black screen and the game. Really odd and BC2 is the only one I have problems with. The PB admin thing I think helped out the problem of system freeze crashes. I did find setting my render ahead to 4 from 2 did help with the texture flickering for a while.
  3. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Ye only when I clock my 2x gpus @ 900mhz does it start flickering. Only game that it happens in. Just flickers black nonstop.
  4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I highly doubt that. It just doesn't happen anymore. The uninstallers actually uninstall these days. The 3rd party sweepers tend to do more harm than good.

Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++. It tends to go wonky with ATI drivers on occasion. Then reinstall ATI drivers.
    SK-1 says thanks.
  5. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Use this http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ to completely remove any leftover NVIDIA drivers.also when yo will do this,remove ATI/AMD gpu drivers too,just to do nice fresh install.just carefully select what to remove.

EDIT:

With Driversweeper I never had any problem,you just have to be careful,thats it.
  6. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    This is on stock clocks. I notice that changing to AA sampling to SS makes it happen a lot more often.

I kind of wonder if the nf200 chip is causing the problem (bottom card is at 8x going through nf200) because of the extra latency even though it is almost non-existent. Unfortunately I'd have to move my Enermax to the top of the case because with the VF3000A on the cards, I can't fit the card in to the 5th PCIe slot as the psu is in the way.
  7. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    then explain why multiple users on this clubhouse and on are forums are still having trouble switching GPU camps, it dosent happen as often but it does still happen, just as GPU death drivers still crop up from time to time.

as for the texture flicker

its a flaw in the game engine that becomes more and more noticeable with

AA turned on as you increase AA lvls flickering becomes worse
    Bloom causes it as well
    Multi gpu aka Crossfire AND Sli increase this as well
  8. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I played a couple rounds. He didn't camp in those and was a pretty good pilot.
    Seems to know his game play, but On a good day I know you guys would hold your own and Kurgan well is Kurgan.
    I had a hard time hooking up with him last night and he was real patient waiting. I will continue to game with him.
    Is that better wouldn't want your eyes hurt :)
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Dude that quote is an eye sore and really unnecessary. Just a note...
  10. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I got no issue with him. Someone has to defend stuff we take. I are too impatient to do it. I would have liked to see him on the frontline a little more helping me not die. As you can see from my K/D, bullets seem to be attracted to my awesome.

Good addition to a team. OrHan wasn't anything fancy, but he was consistent in being a thorn in my side when I was trying to take stuff from them. Especially when I was trying to stab him and stopped thinking clearly.

You are camping when you do it at an enemy flag you are not trying to take. You are defending when you do it at your own flag. You are Kurgan when you do it at an enemy flag you can't take because the enemy won't stay dead.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    lol, I like that. But I do hate when they keep respawning till I run out of ammo, then I start knifing, but it's a losing battle. He seemed to do pretty good, wish I could have joined up looks like a good amount of you were on, and I see Lord Vagisl was there too, he's been in my squad before, he sucked, but it made me laugh.
  12. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    I was just in a crap server there everybody was a sniper except one guy who kept using an uzi and sniping me across the map with it. I dont understand how my assault rifle is less accurate than a sub machine gun.

What the hell is with snipers and shotguns in this game! Always happen to come across a server full of them.
  13. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    shotgun has no bullet drop and slugs + magn = 1 shot kill with no bullet drop etc lol kinda funny really but an 870 in that setup if sniping is pretty much just as powerful as an M95 or GOL
  14. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    9 times out of 10? MS Visual C++. Especially when switching from NV to ATI.

Sweepers are not needed. Delete the driver folder, delete the keys for really stubborn installs, uninstall C++, install new drivers. Sweepers don't do any more than that anyway.
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well i never did say to use a driver sweeper so thats rather moot i just directed him to Erockers guide which basically says the same thing you said, but never once did he come back saying he had done so. lol so i am willing to bet he will go back to his old Nvidia card over what could be fixed from reading erockers guide.
  16. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Granted, but my point was that it's not likely anything to do with nVidia drivers at all, but a corrupted VC++ install. ATI is really sensitive to that. Shit, I've had it happen by going from one ATI gen to a new one (2900XT > 4850), then again going from that to 4850 Xfire.
  17. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    which would be caused by a driver install uninstall or from switching camps something caused it and it tends to be extremely more common when switching between vendors eitherway its an easy thing to try and fix it question is will he bother. seems like he made up his mind to go back to Nvidia lol
  18. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    I do that a lot to people when I play engineer. I love the UZI and I also almost always primary a pump shotgun with slugs as Assault, I guess that means you hate me by default (as long as we are on opposing teams), haha. :toast:
  19. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I may have to try the Uzi. I like it in Vietnam.
  20. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Now I'm pissed. Turd Fergusen is one of my favorite servers. I didn't even have hacker stats, granted I was some where between 500 and a 1000 points in the lead, but average K/D 72/50, and booted in the last couple of hundred tickets. I've never even seen this message before.

[​IMG]
  21. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Admins got mad, I've watched admins on a losing team boot people from the winning team till their team starts winning. Stupid that they banned you, especially for a 1.5 KDR game, and on a high ticket map. I've scored Ace by a few thousand point leads on 400 ticket servers, high ticket servers the gap could get quite large.
  22. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Can admins "cause" you kind of a lost connection??cos sometimes you feel like it is the case

MT_Alex,I'd be pissed too,cos while your score was very nice,defo not a hackers score..you just probably pissed off one looser admin
  23. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Wait are you saying to try a C++ reinstall for the flicker issue?
  24. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    no wrigley the c++ is for the guy complaining the game crashes with his 6800 series but worked fine on his 8800gt

long story short linked erockers gpu driver reinstall guide and so far as i know he didnt bother to follow it complained and went back to the 8800gt most likely
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  25. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received: