1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Yes. They use oversaturated colors and extra sharpness filters to hide the fact that there is much, MUCH less detail in the game compared to the competition. Sharpness and oversaturation =/= higher quality. It = fooling the uneducated masses. Same tricks are used on movies.

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the CoD games all follow the same principle too, static environments (nothing moves, which helps reducing aliasing artifacts) and short view distances - something is always blocking your view, with long distance stuff being backdrops only.

With what wile E said above it works to make it seem better than it is, but it is not fantastic, or awesome, or mind blowing - its just well polished to make the most of what they have.

3. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    wanna play

4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    no

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    No he had that one then he put up another one that hardly ever had any traffic. When BF3 comes out I'll throw you
    a little more money towards that server and if we can keep people using it I'll help you out administrating it Death.
    That last venture defintely was a bit of a let down:shadedshu

Just checked my old messages and that was March he ran the other server.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  6. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    no offense your kil ratio is sadly low, whats your rank bro btw hitting a game now whos up for a game

7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Where you been ? I'm the resident suckage guy. I'm 52 and have one eye, and don't really give a shit if I die :roll: I have fun that is all that counts.
    I have to get up in 4 hrs for work so I'm not gonna jump on. Oh rank is 27 not that it matters:rolleyes:

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    exactly man i fully agree its all about having the blast sorry if i sounded so harsh :toast:

9. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    I may hop on soon for a bit, though I don't know for how long, my internet has dropped like five times in the last hour or so.

10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I got it today on steam.Finally :) will be able to play with u guys :)

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I see dog tag counters and I must step in, I'm happy to see I'm not even on Crazys top list (though I think he has got me once) since we have played a lot together. This is my list down to 5 tags, got a lot in the 1-4, too many to sift through :p

[​IMG]

You guys might want to check your tags on BFBC2, statsverse was horribly off for me.

12. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Wow

13. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Ah it don't bother me. I have only seen one other TPU with a worse one and he is down in the .27 range or something. I can run a 1.0 range if I am playing recon or Assualt carefully, that just doesn't help the team much though. I rather die more aften if I can help repair or take out Tanks and revive. Lately though I have been gunning in Choppers and that can work for your K/D or against it. If you have a pilot who pays attention to his health it is great he can go land away from the action and let me repair, but lately I have guys who just keep going ahead and getting us blown to bits before I can get many kills. I think I have actually dropped to a .46 in the last couple weeks. I haven't seen many TPU guys lately, but then there is another problem if you get on a server playing against the Likes of Kurgan, Tripex, Highway, Crazy, Haru, and the rest of the crew you get obliterated. Well I do any way. I'm going to change up my style here soon and try Kurgans favorite, flanking on assualt and see what happens. He made since when he said if you come up behind them they don't already have a bead on you. You have to be a sneaky bastard though:D

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    why do i get failed to contact key server when i start game?

15. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    just played a game it does not look better . but looks more realistic and its a fun game all games cant look the same this game has more stuff that blows up but the controls could be better when moving you cant use w+d XD

but i need to lvl up need better guns a guy already got mad cuz i killed him we where both snipers and he couldnt kill me i killed him with my pistol :roll:

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    You need to play Laguna Presa Conquest then get back to us, that maps just amazing to look at.

17. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    all i know is i need more kurgan dog tags... sadly all the servers your own when i join have terrible hit detection for me, ive been stuck in a rut on the same 2 shitty servers forever now as there the only ones i can land any shots, even then its pretty bad,

empty a full clip from a PP 2000 and 3 seconds later the first bullet registers is the norm for me now. same with most guns, seems only explosives are un affected, C4, Mines, Rockets, etc

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, got to be sneaky. But it pays off big time, my strategy is to always be where I'm not expected. We have flag C and they have A and B, they think I'm going to B? Nope I'm going to A. And if their team is really good, they will come for A, since I am solo I will back off the flag, watch it and pick off those that came from me, it's great bait. Then I may head for B depending on how many showed up. If I can tick it to grey and stop them from respawning I will. But if I know they will respawn and come at me again I will retreat. And do that usually gives my team enough of a distraction to cap B.

:D Yeah, you been pretty unlucky with hit detection.

19. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I was about to say the same thing as well. ever since crazy started playing, all he has mentioned was the hit detection. it leads me to believe that your PC or internet is tweaking on you. This happened to me for about 4 days until the cable company fixed an issue down the road and then i never had anymore problems

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    well thats just it other FPS games i have no hit detection problems

i think its just BC2 tweaking out and being a pain in the ass,

as Battlefield 2, and even shitty F2P mmo FPS games have better hit detection for me, eitherway dosent matter will have a brand new PC build in a few weeks just waiting for my Fractal Designs Define XL case to arrive, should be here by the 20th

brandonwh64 says thanks.
  21. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    so who wants to be on my friend list :)
    i dont know anyone on this game :p

22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Well DOM my list is full, I'll see if I can jumble anyone around and kick people if they haven't been on forever. All you really have to do is get one or two of us, I don't have everyone on my list, but you get a few and you just chain join off each other. Despite that, I think I'm going to jump on some BC2 right now since it does look like quite a few BC2er's are on TPU right now.

I'm on Killer_Rubber_Ducky's TS
    24.233.221.42 : 9987
    password: HMC

23. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Bleh, I suck at this game. Going to keep trying though.

24. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Just a few more months before BF3 then you can put this headache aside for good. ^^

25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Try Conquest, what I was in was Rush, that mode is horrible throw your corpse at walls of bullets mode. Conquest should give you some roaming room, some room to make strategies and flank with.

BC2 a headache? JC just bought this game, he hasn't ever played before.

JC316 says thanks.