1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't work for me. What port?

EDIT: pass is not caps.
  2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    i didnt use a port just entered what you see in my sig and it connected
  3. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hate to say it, but this game absolutely sucks ass, wish I never would have bought it. They give every reward to the veteran players, to the point that it's almost like botting. I got right up on a guy, used down the sight mode and unloaded right in his face, a complete clip. He turns around and with one shot and kills me. It's complete bullshit. Not realistic, not fair, not fun.
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like the ping issues i had to deal with, try other servers. the problem is that even if its the other player lagging, whichever one has the earliest time stamp is considered the one with priority once the server figures it out - so you can sneak up on someone and unload a clip into them, while they turned, saw and killed you - two different versions of events, so the server just picks one.
  5. JC316

Thanks Received:
    That may be part of the problem, but the weapons are a big problem too. When I can actually swipe a weapon off from a dead body, I do decent. It's like anyone in the bronze league in SC2 only gets SCV's and marines, while diamonds get all the good shit.
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I was cruising in a tank towards B in Heavy Metal and an enemy Apache appears on my ass and shreds it, I jump out in the teens in hopes of getting off a lucky gutav shot before he creams me and look up to see the chopper about 50 feet away explode and rain onto the ground. Then Triptex comes rolling up out of nowhere in another tank 5 seconds later. My hero! :p

(I don't know if you used your AT4 or a shell but that was sweet and you had better got a Savior for that one or the system is borked!)

And JC your experience is not the norm btw, Mussels probably right.
    TRIPTEX_CAN says thanks.
  7. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Standard server with friendly fire on Triptex and myself dominated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Some of the early weapons are the best in game. The PKM for Medics (first weapon) is the best LMG in game. The XM8 for Assault is one of the better Assault rifles. The M24 for Recon is one of the best Sniper Rifles, and the Scar-L for Engineer is almost the exact same gun as a UMP stats wise, it's very good.

Like erocker said, it really seems like ping was your issue.
  9. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    It was a tank shell. I had missed the first shot and because of that he got off a full volley and almost toasted your tank. Luckily the second shot was on the money. :toast:
  10. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I will check some settings, make sure that the firewall isn't effing something up. I can handle sucking at a game, I can always get better, but what I have been experiencing is horrible.
  11. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    You are also running a Dual core to make up for what you lack in Processor you are going to have to tone some stuff down. Set your render ahead to 1 or 0. Also turn off some of the settings that rob gpu. Because of your processor your GPU is doing a lot of extra work. I had to do the same thing when I was running an Ahtlon II x2. When I went to quad I still had to tone down a little. With a Hex I'm pretty close to Everything Maxed at 1080P. Those issues you are having were exactly the same things I had happening to me. When I get home tonight I'll do a little digging and try and find what other adjustment I made to make it run smooth and get good hit detection. It is Very Frustrating to say the least.:banghead:
    BFBC2 uses a lot more CPU then most games because of the Frostbite Engine. BF3 will be even more demanding. By the way if you ever get the setting right or upgrade you will love the game. :rockout:
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    JC316 says thanks.
  12. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  13. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Took your advice and tweaked the settings a bit. I still suck, but at least when I have someone in my sights, they die. Also turned Color Blind on since I am and I can at least distinguish between my team mate and an enemy.

One question though, why is it when I play as Medic, I have no way of reviving people? Is it some unlockable thing? Kinda defeats the purpose of being a medic.
  14. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yes it is one of your first unlocks so just keep plugging the enemy with holes.
    I'll get back with you later today. By the way look at my K/D I still
    suck after a year and still play it :)Have fun !
  15. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Now I am having fun. Found the issue, the HBAO setting was completely fucking up my game. Seems to be a common problem, turned it off and it was like taking a healthy does of suck-no-more. 13 kills 9 deaths, 17% accuracy, compared to 3 kills, 17 deaths and 2% accuracy with it on.
  16. JC316

Thanks Received:
    That is gay. They give you a broken class to begin with!!!! WTF were they thinking?!? Make the medic class unlockable, not broken. Gee soldier, you are a medic, but we are going to send you into battle without your medkits, see how you do.
  17. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    calm down, it doesn't take that long to unlock them, med kits you'll get after about an hour or 2, defib after a few more
  18. JC316

Thanks Received:

Still BS. It's not a medic class without having something to do with a medic. The other classes don't make you wait. There is no reason for holding back.
  19. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is your cpu being pegged at 100%? If so I may have a temp solution.
  20. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Got it fixed. HBAO was messing it up. The game is actually fun to play now.
  21. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Also drop AF to 2x. You shouldn't notice a difference from default.
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Indeed.

Yeah I noticed a big diff in constant fluidity in this game (e.g. higher min fps) going from dual to quad core at same clock speed.
  23. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you can drop medkits to heal people who are still alive.

the game SEEMS like your health regens thanks to the lack of health bars, but it doesnt. you can get shittons of points with those magic healy boxes.
  24. Pestilence New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ouch on your K/D
  25. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I have that and the defib now, but when you first start, the medic doesn't have either. Kinda defies the point of being a medic.