1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Now that I've seen the epicness of what's to come I somehow can't bring myself to play BFBC2 anymore >.<, maybe if the hit reg, mechanics etc. were to be the same or similar then I'd take the time to practice.. tis a bad habit of mine. I am also experiencing the same thing where you join a conquest game and find out either your team or the opposite is being base camped.
  2. casual swift

casual swift New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seeing the same thing here... luckily I've been on the dominating team so I haven't been complaining. =D
  3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Add another server to the "get fucked" list. Just got kicked from DOM Destruction of Militants for having too good of a game. I hate that. I'm just not that good. If your server can't handle the likes of me, that says mountains about you minuscule manhood.
  4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I remember when I ran my own server, if I seen someone owning I looked up their lifetime stats, compared, looked at their history graph, maybe let them play 1 more round. I actually made a real decision rather than just raging and booting people who owned me.
  5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I'll never ever have that problem :roll: They may kick me for sucking so bad though !
    The funny thing is I always play engineer and it is my worst K/D class by far. I just like the class and if I PLAY I'm gonna play the class I like :D
    I'm kind of glad BF 3 is mixing the classes and abilities up a bit. Just to get a new feel. As much as I love BFBC2 I'm ready for something new.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  6. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I must say, the performance I gained in BC2 by adding a second 5870 is well worth the cost and headache of adding the second card. Man, I thought it ran well before - what an eye opener. The only complaint I have is that I get an occasional black screen flicker, but only on Harvest Day. Unfortunately, that is my favorite map!
  7. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    When did you go crossfire ? I have thought about it, but I really don't want to reformat again after getting a new board. I have just put together 4 machines in the last month and kind of tired of the Operating system end of it and loading all the software for them and updates. Gets old when I could be doing fun things on the computer instead. Plus Football is here :)I may settle for a 6970 or a GTX 570. First I want to see how the 6870 does with BF3 and then figure it out.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the black flicker drives me freaking nuts. It's really common on Heavy Metal too. Thankfully it doesn't last long and usually goes away as suddenly as it appeared.

What do you specifically notice about how it runs now? I definitely noticed a HUGE min fps gain going from dual core to quad especially with lots of smoke and explosions in view. Noticed much less diff with the jump from single 5850 to 6850 crossfire. Though I run at 8x AA now and think I used 4x before. Again, not much noticeable IQ diff with that, however.

Adding a second card would not require a reformat, boise. Actually, doesn't require anything. Cat drivers will see it on first boot and enable Crossfire for you. That's it. Yeah though you may as well just wait for right now.
  9. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Things are much more fluid, and no more drop in frame rates during intense explosions. I never minded the brief lag during explosions, kind of simulated shell shock. Also, it's not quite as drastic, but it's damn near the "crisp graphics" feeling I got after updating to 10.12, or 11.2 or whichever one seemed to make things look unexplainabley better. I'm 85% sure my thinking is not just placebo, although I haven't taken the time to run FRAPS.
  10. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    the black flicker happends to all multiple GPU setups (its part of the game) the only way to disable the black flicker is to go into your settings ini file and disable bloom, that fixes the issue.

Unfortunately for some reason that also disables the little end game fmv sequence that happends after you win or lose a game, but IMO its not much of a loss so long as you can SEE properly while the game is still in play.
  11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, first I've heard of bloom affecting it. Maybe will give that a shot. I've been lucky so far that it hasn't happened in the heat of battle but eventually I'm gonna get screwed and extremely pissed. At this point, really just hoping not an issue in Frostbyte 2.0.

Yeah Alex that's what I figured you'd say as the min fps thing is definitely the most noticeable and measurable but I'm surprised you didn't get this earlier, like when you went 2600K perhaps (though I'm not sure what your prior CPU was...) And FRAPS wouldn't really provide helpful info much unless you had been running it all along or knew what FPS you generally got with one card.

Mine would definitely dip in the 20s and get super choppy with smoke (esp when zoomed in too say as tank gunner) with an e8400 at 4.0 and a single 5850. 1920x1200 with AA.
  12. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    I missed having 2 6870s in bc2 so ill be getting my second one tomorrow.
  13. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    or install 10.8a cap release and10.9 http://www.rage3d.com/cap/

read me note

The following application profiles are available with the 10-8a Calalyst Application Profile release:

* Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – new CrossFire™ profile<br />
    * Aliens Vs. Predator – CrossFire™ profile update<br />
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  14. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    already running 11.8a with 11.8CAP3

but i dont care as ive been running without bloom on for months already.
  15. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Or use 11.5's with the latest CAP. It's the driver that resolves the issue not the CAP as you only need the latest CAP. All previous CAP's are included with the latest CAP, hence why AMD instructs to uninstall old CAP's before installing new.
    MT Alex says thanks.
  16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I'm excited to give that a shot

Yah, I did a bunch of FRAPping (careful not to misread) to help a guy that started a thread awhile back wondering if his Phenom II 940 would pair well with a 5870. That was my old chip, running at 3.6 it pushed my single 5870 very well. I can't find the old thread, but I'm sure my frames never dropped below 35, with max around 80something.
  17. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    anyone notice something like stuttering its like the game stop for 1/3 second and continue its happening on 1000 tickets servers Atacama and Heavy-metal .... Europe servers
  18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Why 11.5?

Raptori I bet your issue is latency.
  19. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    you mean internet issues ??
  20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yes, the time it takes your computer to ping the server basically, not your download speed.
  21. raptori

raptori

Thanks Received:
    o I thought it would make a delay not stopping the game even for a fraction of time, my ping in game is 170-180
  22. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i don't know that it's causing it, just that is what he meant.
    170-180 is higher than i'd like, but it may not be the cause.
  23. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    ... Am I the only one who only read when there are pictures?
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    well there will be a lot of similarities (vehicles, squad play, loadouts, etc) but bf3 is really a more wide open battlefield compared to bfbc2 maps.

that being said, if you are good at shooting and can think on your feet about objectives (imo what's necessary to be good at bc2), that will also make you good in bf3.
  25. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Yesterday, DICE's Mikael Kalms announced on the EA UK forums that this patch has passed QA and will be released Wednesday September 21st.