1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Hey had fun the other night playing against you. Though you killed me a couple times.
    That one chopper kill I was just getting ready to squeeze off a RPG when you blew me up. :roll:
    I'd think you will tear up BF3 as good as you are.

T3kl0rd says thanks.
  2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Wow, a new patch forthcoming. Unexpected esp this close to BF3 and cool to see.

EA UK Forum

3. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    I wish more companies patched games. Good example of failing is Borderlands. Online play on PC has been buggy since day 1, and all they've done is release and charge for DLC. Still an incredibly fun game, but it would have been so much bigger if they would have patched it.

4. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    LUHLZ @ this morning's post being deleted. My post's omission inspires me to earn more plat.

Thx. The more you play, the more you will learn what works and what doesn't, Idaho. Several TPUers were on the server I was on last night, you should have hopped in if available.

5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Tonight after the BSU game. I have been playing since it came out I just suck. I do it for fun nothing else. Old , Blind in one eye, and extremely impatient, Hence the .45 K/D ratio. Wish they had this technology when I was in my 20's and had both eyes:D They had missile Command and pong when I was in my twenties.

6. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Ill be playing tonight. Eat my Gustav! lol

7. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Just got done playing a session this morning then crash 2 desktop made me stop :(

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. blue.dot

blue.dot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys? I just wanted to play for a while, I logged in, no problem, shows my current level fine. But in game, I dont have nothing what I unlocked. Tried few different servers. I have nothing. Only my level. WTF happened?

9. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Log out and back in. That crap happens now and again to me.

Happened to me just now too. It's showing my rank as private? Anyways, logging out and back in seems to fixed it for me.

It happened again as soon as I joined a server, something must be up with EA.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. blue.dot

blue.dot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Read that it might restore when I get killed. Logged out couple of times. Nope, still nothing.
    They might be preparing for the last patch, but its planned on 21st...

/Oh its ok now

/Again.. Oh my.. :/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  11. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just played some more games today to try out my new GFX card (<g>). Now I don't know what it is but I just can't get good at this game. Granted I haven't played much (im rank 2) but something about the engine just makes it hard for me to play I think. I have preordered BF3 so I will just try and get good at that I think at this point.

I've played FPS since quake 1 online (and before), and I've always been pretty good, not great but good enough. I can pick up and play TF2 now and do well and enjoy myself. But this game just seems to not work with my play style. Still, I have to admit, it looks great.

Maybe I should give it more time? hmm.

edit: I loved BF2 too and had fun playing it for ages

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You gotta play with a CoD/BF2 hybrid mentality. Yeah it does take time but once you get the hang of it the game is a LOT of fun!

13. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    Now you've had practice for BF3.

14. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I need to start playing more conservative and
    not running around like I'm Rambo. I will try and be
    more patient and try for more headshots.I play like
    a crackhead:roll:

15. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    I still play like Rambo, hence my sub 200 SPM. I kill just as much as if not more than people with higher SPM averages. I'm not rezzing and rearming teammates as much as the higher SPM people, otherwise I would have a lot more ace pins.

16. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Heh I just stabbed a wookie through the side wall of one of those big steel shipping containers littering the ground in Atacama (mostly around B).

17. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    So you are saying those people can kill as much as you can while still finding time to revive teammates, arm MComs, spot people, and like 15 other things you can do for points mostly involving helping teammates. Sounds about right to me.

18. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, we are both over 1 kill per minute and well over 200 SPM, I prefer to Rambo then swoop back and support. Or Rambo, cap a flag solo, set landmines then leave as watch points fly and people drive in trying to recap it, it's a win/win/win scenario.

19. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    if i remember i kill more then T3klord and get more points on average per round as well and i suck :roll:

20. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    haven't notice that bf3 is more like bc2, but in reality bf3 should be more based off bf2

21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I believe you meant to say "have"? If so, matters what you mean. BC2 is newer, if you mean the graphics, I'm sure the models evolved from BC2, the engine has evolved from BC1, the map scale is from 1942 (which BF2 also used) along with jets. But beyond that not completely sure how you could say it really, I guess maybe by how it feels when it plays (but that is hard to judge unless you did play in the Alpha), I personally felt BF2 as clunky and really liked how BC2 played.

22. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    BF2....just let it go already. It was a good game, but at some point you have to accept its over and move on.

For me personally, I have tried to go back and replay some BF2 and BF2142. BF2142 has aged far better and I can still enjoy it, and kick ass apparently. While BF2 shows its age in both graphics and play very quickly. It just feels artificial, clunky, and poorly implemented. Everything feels artificial and inhuman in the game now. I can't play it any more or its pale shadow BF Play 4 Free.

23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yep, not to mention the amount of time you spend getting on a map. Maybe an SSD would help, but it isn't worth worrying about at this point. The servers are loaded with bots and crap now too. Definitely not an enjoyable experience. The only pro with that game now is the size of the maps. I can still play COD 4 and have fun though. Not a BF game , but one of the best Multiplayers games from the last generation. Plus I can actually be top dog now and again :)

24. Corduroy_Jr

Corduroy_Jr New Member

Thanks Received:
    actually i played the alpha of bf3 personally i did not like it and felt like it was more like bc2 game play, bottom line the should of named the game bc3

25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand whats bad about that. BC2 played great, BF2 is old and clunky (I think it was clunky when it released). But this is what I said a long time ago when people kept saying "omg BF3 is going to be so much better, and jesus will rise from the dead". I said it would just be a continuation of the BF franchise, adding onto what the previous game did. But for some reason others felt it would be a completely different game, and be the lord our savior or something.