1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Dammit I wanna play!!!!

Name: luvs to spooge - Medic\Recon.

2. WarhammerTX

WarhammerTX New Member

Thanks Received:

Try this one its hardcore 68.232.162.145:19567

3. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya, i was kinda raging because i just thought that it was pure fail due to the connection issue, but the server is kind of down right now.

RAGE!!!!!!!

Only thing i hate about badcompany 2 is.

*It takes 5 hours to refresh a server list
    *Almost 90% of the server's i try to join that say 28/32 or lower seem to be full even though they have what seems to be a spot open and i go searching for 5 minutes to be forced to join a hardcore server in germany(next problem)

*I SEE NO DAM FREAKING POINT IN ME HAVING TO REFRESH AND HAVE 50% OF THE SERVER'S BE ACROSS THE GLOBE. I MEAN THERE ARE SERVER'S FROM austrailia and germany were i get a nice 500 ping in that make the multi game play terrable.

*note*They should really zone out the refresh because all im getting are across the globe server's and i can tell theres major lag when i fire at people with my m24 4 times and there standing still basicly not even taking damage and kill me with a random pistol shot.

im getting tired of it frankly and its not going to stop me from playing the game but its one pain in the ass when i just want to getting into my recon mode and be unlocking some weapons and perks. and spending 40 minutes of my life searching for a semi good server -_-!

4. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Theres a lot more rage going one on EA forum

5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    EA stated that the amount of people playing is overwhelming their servers. They didn't expect such a turnout. Considering it's Sunday and many people aren't at school/working, yeah there's going to be problems. Adding servers takes a little while. Go play something else and don't let games make you upset. It'll get fixed, be patient. Game companies don't have magic wands.

Soylent Joe says thanks.
  6. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I was able to log back in just a couple minutes ago, maybe enough people have given up trying to connect that a few more of us can! :D

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    I just logged on as well!!!

8. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now PB Is kicking me out of no were, FUCK PUNK BUSTER

IVE SIT HERE FOR A HOUR GETTING CONNECTION ERROR'S GETTING 500 PING SERVERS AND NOW PB IS KICKING ME OUT OF ALL OF THEM RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Same here man. freaking PB

10. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    and now i go to even balance and its fucking getting bogged up and i count download the update manager is this shit stupid or what.

11. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    hell I cant even get onto evenbalance.com

12. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got the PB setup thank god. And it says its updated
    fuak.

13. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    funnily enough - thats what InfinityWard said about Mw2 - within the first few days the masters server went down. it was down for around 7hours before people could connect again. but the problem is they actually managed to fix it & as far as ive heard & experienced it hasnt happend again since. not to mention the predominantly borked gaming matching/finding service...

with EA it seems like a lot of talk & no substance - they know about the network issues & Im sure with the amount of money they got from all the Mw2 haters jumping ship they'd be more then willing to pay their staff the extra few quid to give up their weekend & work on one of the most awesome & badass games of 2010. & id like to think that their staff share the same ideal/passion - after all, its not everyday a new game is released so they dont need to deal with complications like this on a 24/7 basis & if they dont then maybe their in the wrong job or should be working else where. If they lack the passion, the motivation & commitment then obviously its come to a point where the position they currently hold is no longer for them.

no doubt progress is very slow. but i think from EA who have released countless numbers of titles to the public from BF1942 to the new to be released BF3 saying they didnt anticipate it is a really poor excuse on their behalf. they know the score & they failed to act on it. leaving people who bought the game literally in the shit.

Im sure all the staff at EA predicted everything to run smoothly - but there is either very little to no communication between departments or EA didnt think ahead & think it would be a good idea to have backup servers on standby just to make sure network issues were minimised. so it could be someone or some people at EA didnt do their job correctly

because it truely says alot about the game (& its makers/designers/studios somewhat) if you purchase one of their games & cant play it.

14. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    managed to get the PBSetup file and got the updates for BC2 but im still getting kicked for "PB INIT FAILED"

15. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Ok i need help from you guys, i want to fix the crashing of the game and further lockup of system, my belief is that its because of heavy switching of GPU Clocks as my previous post shows, is there a way to set a app specific setting that when the named app is running the GPU only works in 3D clocks?

16. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Just had a go of the TPU server, so much better, no lag whatsoever and the map I was playin is the most funniest outta all the ones I've tried, cant remember what the map was called though, TPU you rule.

Oh yeah I got kicked off the server, no surprise, lik my ballz EA.

17. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    In and playing!!

douglatins says thanks.
  18. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Restart computer after the update. Or you would have to go into the admin control center and manually start PB as it is a system service.

I had some connection issues today, but that turned out to be a combination of roommate stupidity (uploading on uTorrent) and me forgetting about the auto scan on Sundays. It is set to run at 4 a.m., but we had a power outage and it started when I turned Monolith back on, duh.

Outside of that, I have no more issues with the game now....except I need to up my vet status from 2 to like 4 or 5

19. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Isnt anyone helping me out on this one?
    [​IMG]

20. RX-7

RX-7

Thanks Received:
    you can kill the tasks PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB and restart the game that should help now, but earlier when PB was acting up it didnt help at all

21. i nEeD HeLp New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow! just got the game and i cant even connenct to any kind of server.

sucks balls man. deep.

22. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    it wont let me join tpu server ¬_¬ I wonder how long this madness will go on

23. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    ea suk!

24. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    If anyone is killing you that far away with an M60, they are tap firing it. Those shells are massive, it doesn't loose a ton of power over range, seems like 6 or so shots to kill someone at range. But if someone stands still long enough for you to tap the trigger 6 times, they should be dieing anyways. It's the most damaging gun beyond the sniper rifles which take 2 at range to body shot and it takes double or triple that, so seems about right to me. I haven't tried the 4x scope though, I iron sight people, the LMG's have to much recoil for scopes, so killing people at that distance is a deserved kill, at least for me.

Almost no weapons take 10 to kill people on normal server, crosshairs being gone isn't all that different, what I need is a minimap, as a medic, too hard to pick out whos dead and where.

Actually, you were talking about sniper rifles in comparison to the M60 before, sniper rifles pretty much 1 kill body shot on HC maps, which is pretty BS as it makes playing sniper the thing to do. The M60 doesn't change all that much on HC, maybe a bullet difference in shots to kill.

Do you use push to talk?

25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I got the 4x scope - IMHO its pants, its the 'ACOG' scope of BC2 if your gonna put a 4x scope on, say bubbai to your range on that rifle. I had it on mine for 1 spawn then i changed it straight away when i died - nasty peice of junk. the 12x scope looks promising though....