1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. spartan6 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Team is called <^>}{sNs<^>, First place in our round we have another one to go scheduled for tomorrow at 9pm eastern.

2. spartan6 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's sweet because the fly you to Boston all expense paid to play in the REAL tournament. perfect for people like myself who lives in Canada.

3. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Well I just went to the Sawtooths and drank about twelve beers. Should I play ?
    Forgot how beautiful mother earth is. Idaho has some good sites. Seen about 500 head of Elk. By the way I have in my life shot at Elk 5 times and have 3 under my belt. That is about 1000 pounds of prime choice dressed out. That is real life shootin ! I have killed 3 with my 7 mm and now inherited my Family 405 Winchester and want to try and make Dads day before he dies I want to get one with that. Sorry off topic but thought I'd share. Oh yeah ripped off 200 rounds with the AK 47 too.

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    its minimal. i did it at 1680x1050 and 1920x1080

this is w1zzards own testing with a single GPU and various bandwidth:

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_5870_PCI-Express_Scaling/images/perfrel_1680.gif

so you can imagine, worst case getting 100% off card one and 75% of card 2 (or more, with a less hungry card) really isnt gunna hurt you much.

5. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I havent tried it yet, I just installed Ubuntu on my mom's old machine she gave me. I know the onboard gfx card would suck.

I am still trying to find out if there is a script to make BC2 use OpenGL or OpenCL instead of DirectX. I am also looking for the install files to test in Windows. The articles I have read on OpenGL for gaming talks about OpenGL performing parallel rendering.

6. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Two in a row :) That was some intence stuff, thanks goes to rest of the squad.

[​IMG]

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
  8. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
  10. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, you should. There are those rounds when everything goes wrong and you spawn to a squad mate only to realize he just got ambushed and you are going to die too without any hope :)

Only downside is, I'll never get to finish single player, MP is just too much fun :laugh: Doesn't even matter that sometimes ping is just too much to win those 1vs1. Not to mention I get knifed a lot, I sort of see a correlation on how well a round has went to if a person shoots or knifes me :D

Oh and upped the game mouse sensitivity, that helped (think it's 0.6 now, dunno what default was). Was too slow for my default mouse setting.

11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    it actually does get full quite often... but with work and family it's hard to keep it that way. most days from 4pm-3am a lot of us are on, and the server tends to fill up with public playrs during the day.

sundays, and after the server crashes it gets empty. the server crashes are due to eas server software, which will be fixed.

the best way to know is to get ts and join the TS server often. if you see 4 or more of us in the server, chances are the TPU bc2 server is active as well.

12. Nimmer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have found 3 Great fixes ,Xfire related, in BC2 from Triple Deuces Clan I am a part of.

First
    I tested a suggestion from some one here (cant find the post) do readjust your resolution.
    If you get flickering on weapons and water, hit escape , options , resolutions, and click the same resolution you are already running and its goes away perfect.
    Now catalyst AI run on normal settings and accelerates multiple card frames rates without
    normal glitches and bugs. Thanks to whomever was original poster.

Second this post eliminated all my crashes. 50 rounds crash free.
    The original poster said it would fix gray screen issues (which AFAIK is a 2d ongoing ATI prob)
    Got this today from a friend, I'd heard of this method before but wasn't sure until I saw this forum post giving a step by step....it's actually a VERY easy fix.

http://www.overclock.net/ati/641299-guide-...fterburner.html

Steps for those too lazy to visit the link;
    DL a program called MSIafterburner (I used version 1.4.1)

Find the MSIafterburner folder on your PC, open it up and find MSIafterburner.cfg and open that file with notepad.

Go to the bottom line of text "EnableUnofficialOverclocking" and change the value from a 0 to a 1.

Save as (all file types) same file name as it had, YES to overwrite original file.

Restart Afterburner and adjust your clock speeds to whatever speeds you want, in my case I went with pretty close to stock speeds.

Save those settings as profile 1

Hit reset and then save the reset settings as profile 2. This will allow you to do non-gaming stuff without having your clock speeds at the 3d clocks.

You'll have to make sure to go into afterburner and hit 1 and apply and you should be all set..

I did this tonight and I was able to play BC2 all night without a single crash. I'm stoked as shit about this obviously because before I couldn't play more than 10 or 15 minutes before I'd crash....I'm also playing it with all settings as high as they go, 1920x1200 8xAA, 16xAF without any noticeable choppiness. I haven't really paid attention to performance so far but every time I looked at fraps I was at or above 70fps. So I'm happy as shit right now 8) 8)

Lastly I dont have this problem but many people do
    Some Mouse tweeks:

Removing Mouse Acceleration for Win 7 and Vista/XP

Just what it says. There is no way to get rid of acceleration otherwise that I can find. Win 7 only lets you slow down the acceleration at most. This gives you an exact 1 to 1 ratio to your screen. I have tried this one and it works great. It becomes much easier to keep your cross hairs on somebody. The link also lists fixes for Vista/XP.

Note: This is a global fix and affects everything, so if you need to keep mouse accleration for other things you may want to look elsewhere. Or at least back up your registry.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538

It supposedly gets rid ot the mouse smoothing and helps speed up turret movement and helicopter response some. There is apparently a hard code to how much you can increase it.

Removing mouse smoothing and increasing turret speed

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread....95#post13997695 (It's about 1/3 way down the page, posted by Carbonfire)

I would just copy and paste but there are a lot of pictures as well.

Game on ... (with war tapes)

13. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    Nimmer: you can change any graphics setting. i just click the AA button to what its already at, takes 10 seconds on the start of a new round.

14. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Its funny I thought it was my ping before I let my GAMER son play the same settings. He showed me I'm just not as good as I hoped. Just have patience brothers. I will get better over time.
    Thank yuo for having me part of the TPU server.

15. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep, that why I was wondering, because couple of times it's been full and I've had to wait to get in (stupid server browser showing 28/32).

btw. EA fixed the crashes? First time I tried MP last week got connection failed, since then I've had no problems playing an hour straight. No CTDs either, kinda glad I had to wait a week, been pretty smooth experience.

16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Wow that is nice, too bad driving to PAX alone is too far for me :/

The server reserve list is messed up right now, so if anyone is on the reserve list it actually doesn't allow the server to fill, so if 5 people are on the reserve only 27 can be on the server, so sometimes thats been an issue.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  17. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    hate it when ppl stack, not fun playing 8 vs 16.

18. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i still have to change res in game to non-native then back to native everytime i want to activate vsync in the game.

19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Is the TPU server stacked now? I was just in there and teams were balanced, but maybe it changed, it does suck when that happens.

Do you get tearing? If not then why worry about it, I'm assuming you get it though since your mentioning it, and how is that massive 40" now?

20. shevanel

shevanel New Member

Thanks Received:
    i do get tearing with vsync off unfortunetly.

the 40" is cool but I cannot use it for FPs gaming.. all other gaming is cool though.

sitting back playing dirt 2 is fine on the 40 but I have learned that the experience is better if I sit at my desk and use my monitor for shooters

21. majestic12

majestic12

Thanks Received:
    The game is awesome for the ten minutes I can usually play before the crash. Had a couple blue screens, but mostly just CTD's. I'll be on a great squad and doing well and then the sound begins to repeat/screen freezes. Tried all the tricks and then some with no avail yet. I hope the guys at DICE/EA figure out some quality fixes soon.

22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    CTD's....

1. are you chatting as rounds end? that often crashes me

2. XP pro... are you running max setting? you could be hitting the 2GB wall. try low settings and res, see if it still happens.

majestic12 says thanks.
  23. majestic12

majestic12

Thanks Received:
    I don't use the chat functions at all -I like to type!

I've been meaning to switch over to Windows 7 and take advantage of all the memory I have, but I would generally play at medium-high settings with the minimum AA/AF. I switched over to all medium with the special features off. Alas, still crashes usually. Sometimes I can play for an hour, most of the time it's less than 10 minutes. My computer runs cool enough too -GPU maxes out at around 58-60 degrees... I'll try lowering the resolution and see what happens -thanks for the advice!

24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah 40" is a bit large for a comp screen, my ideal monitor would be 32", my 37" was a tad to big.

25. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    by chat, i meant type. hitting enter as the round ends crashes to desktop.

Medium wont cut it - test on low, 1280x1024 (or lower) with no AA.