1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 VS MW2...

Discussion in 'Games' started by RaPiDo987, Apr 23, 2010.

1. RaPiDo987

RaPiDo987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Guys!

I think there is something wrong with me... :confused: I can honestly say I would rather play MW2 instead of BBC2... I play the single player and I still can not get into the game. Online is a worse than I expected... I unload 2 clips in a guy and he did not go down :banghead:

Is it just me or are there others like me out there....?

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Even if I didn't like BC2, it wouldn't make me want to play MW2 again. Besides the "hacking" community loves MW2. I like to stay away from that community. So far 0/1 you are alone. :laugh: :toast:

My advice RaPiDo987 is to keep playing, you'll get stronger as you level up. It is pretty frustrating at first.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    1Kurgan1, AlienIsGOD and RaPiDo987 say thanks.
  3. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    DOS Alone

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  4. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Never liked call of duty that much, COD4 was good, multi was good too for about a month until in was invaded by hacks, but thats about it, played the PS3 version for MW2, finished it and thats it, got bored, hated the airport level, I mean my violence lvl can only go so far, that was just pure murder, didn't enjoy it, but then again, everyone is different.

I very much prefer BC2 ATW:toast:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    1Kurgan1 and RaPiDo987 say thanks.
  5. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    when you are at ow levels you dont do as much damage on bc2. also after playing COd battlefield takes some getting used to. i wouldnt even put the 2 in the same genre of games. you are still alone m8.

1Kurgan1 and RaPiDo987 say thanks.
  6. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    MW2 was fun SP campain, BC2 has exploding houses which can make it more difficult imo. You think your safe in a house taking cover and the half the wall suddenly blows up and your taking fire again.

Its a hard choice between the two, my pick is MW2 because I like the weapons system and the levels are better.

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  7. Feizy

Thanks Received:
    BC2 has a hardcore mode, you just need you search for it in the name of the servers. I have played both and I definitely prefer BC2.

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  8. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    MW2 can get 2 shot kills because the game is centred in camping and cornering, in BC2 you have to run great distances, if you are a medic, you will die a lot in HC trying to revive mates. So BC2 has a balanced kill damage

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  9. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    BC2 4TW!

I only ever played MW2 in single player mode, thought it was entertaining enough, but not really worth the money, never completed it.

Completed BFBC2 single player mode in around a week and totally loved it. Many people bemoanded the cheesey improbable story, but practically all FPS games are based around cheesy imporbable stories, so that never bothered me. Also, considering all the destructable environment physics going on, the game performs brilliantly (at least in my experience).

Online BFBC2? Well, when it works as it should, it is utterly fantastic.....but more often than not it does just the opposite. Problems range from the fact that EA have not provided enough server capacity to deal with the server browser requests to the humongous amount of cheaters you get on many BFBC2 servers. The patch released this week seems to have improved things a bit but I am yet to be convinced of the merits of online BFBC2.......especially since playing BC2 has totally thrown my ability to hit a ducks arse playing as infantry in the best online shooter of all time, BF2!

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  10. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    I played BC2, MW2, MW1 and i prefer MW1, BC2 is unplayable unless you are in the US because of the ping, since there is no support for private matches, MW2 i would play it A LOT, but i dont like planes, ac 130, harriers, etc. its to much for me, so im still playing MW1

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  11. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    wait wait wait,,OMG im trying to stop laughing...okay okay i gotta catch my breath...whew...OKAY LOLZ!!!!!!!! OMG!~!! there was never a competition! mw2 is complete garbage compared to bc2

TheMailMan78, AlienIsGOD and RaPiDo987 say thanks.
  12. RaPiDo987

RaPiDo987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you all for the reposes... Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Some people like hot Cheetos with cheese and others with mustard... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
  13. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    2 clips? I find that hard to believe, it only feels like 2 clips cause you got 2-3 shot kills in Modern Noobfare versus 5-8 shot kills in BC2, you dont run around shirtless in BC2 like you do in MW2.

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  14. exow2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try playing some hardcore modes in BFBC2, I too dislike how many bullets it takes to drop 1 guy but in hardcore it takes alot less..like 2-3 well placed shots usually. It might make you enjoy the game more.

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  15. exow2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The maps are better in mw2:eek:? I own both BFBC2 and MW2 and I have to disagree with you on that one:p, but that's just my opinion. BFBC2 maps are enormous and are almost completely destructable, which gives gameplay a really big edge and makes teamwork essential. Anyways, not going to bad mouth mw2 anymore then BFBC2 because frankly, I have alot of issues with the game aswell. Like all the stupid bugs and glitches, not to mention having my game randomly close in the middle of gameplay, c'mon EA your supposed to have this s*** straightened out before you release a game.

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  16. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    After playing both, I would lean towards BC2. I liked MW2 but the unlocks were very easy to get and to me didnt feel like I had to work towards them. BC2 makes you work hard IMO to get ur unlocks, and if ur a shitty player like me, it feels all the more special to unlock ur stuff.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    dual sawed off shotguns that u spin around to reload... need i say more?

bc2 hands down.. mw2 is a disgrace to the cod name

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  18. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    As an extremely avid player of both I will say hands down that BC2 is a FAR superior game. A lot more realistic especially when playing hardcore mode (the only mode I play now).

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  19. ERazer

ERazer

Thanks Received:
    im sorry but 2 clips? bud, aim for the head

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  20. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    2 bursts from most guns kill in bc2... the thing is.. u need to shoot in bursts.. this isnt mw2 where u jus squeeze the trigger, bunny hop, and hope u kill something

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    i played MW1 and MW2. in the COD series, MW1 was the best but both compared to BC2 and its not that great! bc2 is more team based action with alot of single man action. with the usage of vehicles makes it a plus along with destruction 2.0

I know BC2 has bugs but i can overlook that for a good game play experience. When they had the MW2 free weekend all i seemed to be doing was running around getting killed by campers and stupid hackers.

in graphics BC2 has the better graphics engine. MW2 looks worse than MW1! the buildings looked cartoonish as say borderlands. the death cinema was the same every time i got killed. the SP of MW2 had better graphics than the MP... why?

ALL in ALL BC2 takes both of the games in the amount of fun you have (besides the buggy crashes) while playing.

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. T949

T949 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've always prefered the battlefield series over the cod series. Cod is lacking without vehicles and their maps are to small. Battlefield just feels more epic and like a real battle while cod just feels like a small shootout.

Also cod singleplayer is boring. I buy shooters for the multiplayer.

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  23. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Lol, yup. Bunny hop! LMAO :laugh:

RaPiDo987 says thanks.
  24. RaPiDo987

RaPiDo987 New Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL... Bunny hop :toast:

25. random

random

Thanks Received:
    CoD feels like a small battle arena to me which is unappealing cause of the nade spamming and the OP killstreak weapons etc.. I still bunny hop in BC2 :D!

RaPiDo987 says thanks.