• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield rig

Syuzeren

I believe BF3 won't support DX9. Which is good in a way, the first game to make use really want to move forward

I don't think it will matter, know where i think about it. Most people who are able to play BF3 will have Vista or 7 and a DX10 card anyway.

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
Well what I can mention is that.... at a gaming Convention (Can't remember the name of it otherwise I would tell you) Battlefield 3 was played maxed out on a GTX 580 with 60FPS easy. Now maxed out on what is a different story.... was the res 1024x768 or 1650x1080x1920x1080 or 2560x1600(doubt it)??? Or was it maxed out on DX10 not DX11? Lord only knows....

The other thing I can mention is the rumor going around is that there is not a computer built that can max out Battlefield 3 at High res. Again ... just a rumor and it is one I heard here in a similar thread by a moderator.

Now with keeping all that in mind...and the fact that we all have seen the video's of what this game looks like..... and one last fact that I don't believe EA will make a game that know one will be able to play.
I would suggest depending on your resolution getting a 1Gb minimum 2gb preferable card. Something along the lines of a HD 6950 2Gb or a GTX 560 Ti 2Gb. You could go with 1Gb but if you are a guy who has a bigger monitor and also someone who likes having AA turned on...(along with all the other eye candy) the more memory the better. If your money situation doesn't let you invest that much..... look at something like a GTX 460 2gb or a GTX 550Ti 2Gb (if they make one) You are going to have to take into account that this is gonna be a very graphics intense game and your 9600Gt just isn't gonna cut it.
Also you will want to take into account that your CPU might be getting past it's prime for this game too. Might wanna consider upgrading to a 1st gen i5 650 and overclocking it.... or if your pocket book allows maybe even a i5 2500K. I know I am talking a little more then you planned on spending.... but you got to figure ..... to play a modern game you need a modern system.
As far as RAM goes... 4Gb of some Decent DDR 3 is all you would need.

Finally... this game will probably even stress GTX 580 owners.... the ones who won't be that effected are the people who already have something like a GTX 580 SLI setup or a HD 6970 Xfire setup. Really... if you are pinching pennies just to play this game and make it look good. My advice would be to spend the majority of it on a good video card. Because that is where it will make a difference and you will see a difference.Buy something that will let you play it on almost the highest video setting with Decent AA and you will be happy for sure. Of course... this is just all My opinion.

Last no there will be no DX9 support for this game.

Last edited: