1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

benchmark results for an X800 SE AIW

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mack99, May 13, 2007.

1. mack99 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there,
    I have just upgraded my brother's from a 9600 Pro AIW to an X800 SE AIW. I have found that the latest catalyst drivers (7.14) give slightly better benchmark results than the older drivers that were originally installed but not by a huge amount. The benchmark results much better than with his old card, but still a fair bit lower than I had expected.

3DMark03: 7,784
    3DMark05: 3,642

For some reason I haven't been able to run 3DMark06 on his PC before or after the upgrade.

How do the above scores look for this card?

He is running a 3.0 GHz Athlon 64 with 1Gb RAM.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    That is about right for that system, mebey a few hundred more with a bit of tweaking and overclocking. Really that card is good, but if you are looking for uber performance you need to be in the X1K series of cards. i scored 10,300 ish last night in 3D05 at 710-820 on my X1800XT (I had to drop my clocks for running F@H) and CPU at 2.9ish (again for the folding).

I am actually out of headroom from my CPU, I can't get fast enough clocks to provide data to the GPU for some games. I could reach 12K if I had another few hundred MHZ. But I am topped out.

10 Million points folded for TPU