1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best 2.1 Speaker System

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Soylent Joe, Oct 3, 2010.

1. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Jesus, I've seen these at a friends house and if you turn them up a bit (however at 'medium' volume this occurs as well, just not as much) the sound just goes bat shit, I mean the distortion completely covers the music and you can only hear crackle and distortion (exaggeration but it's the worst distortion I've ever heard), even a pair of Logitech 2.1's for £20 sound a whole lot better than them.

2. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is the distortion possibly specific to the set that your friend has?

3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Need more info to tell if it was the speakers or his setup.

What was his volume set at in windows? On-board? Was he using any EQ, and if so, what settings and gain? Was it a software or hardware EQ or both?

If he had his computer volume above 50% and added pushed up some sliders on the eq without lowering the gain, the distortion was likely from the computer, not the speakers.

4. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Creative I-Trigue I3350 2.1-CH

5. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    I dunno man, it was a party, I was on the vodka (which means that I don't remember) and the speakers were shit.

Soylent Joe says thanks.
  6. nick48

nick48 New Member

Thanks Received:
    how about you pay little bit more and get 5.1 speaker
    i can't think of 2.1 speaker that best and only cost 65 ship
    bose cost around 150

7. @RaXxaa@ New Member

Thanks Received:
    now every speaker is gonna have distortion for 2.1 and cheap so i think go for creative inspire m2600 it aint great and does distort about on level 6 outta 10 volume but you cantune the eq to go higher and it costs 68 dollars shipped from ebay.
    It aint the best but certainly is better then the competion

8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    You can't claim the speakers were shit if they were set up improperly AND you were drunk. :wtf: :laugh:

9. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    To let you guys know, I've decided on not getting a speaker system anytime soon. Not to say that I'll never get some, there have been a lot of good suggestions that I may look back on in the future.

I just figured they wouldn't be worth the purchase because 1) I prefer headphones 85% of the time, and 2) If I go to college headphones would be a must instead of speakers.

The focus now is to find a nice camera or maybe a camcorder for my birthday, for $150.

10. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    If you spend most of your time in cans, spend your money on good cans and a sound card with a headphone amp (or a nice desktop headphone amp).

Soylent Joe and n-ster say thanks.
  11. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's definitely an option for in a few months. I'm currently using JVC HA-RX700's on straight integrated sound. They're alright, but you know, it's a budget set.

I'll be lurking Kursah's headphone thread to figure out which the best ones for me could be.

12. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I agree, good cans... I love my SRH 440s and my DS... will upgrade in the future but for now, under 100$ for both was a great purchase for me... and the LOD + E5 Fiio amp I got for my Ipod Touch (now there is one that combine both) are a great addition to portable sound... Also got some IEMs.. I think they are the M9s with Mic... they are OK too, though afer the SRH 440s, they can't compare lol

BW, I have the Klipsh ones.. I loved them before, now I only like them because 75% of all my songs I prefer with Cans on lol

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  13. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I picked up the ProMedia set for $128 after tax today at Best Buy. They were regularly $155 and are $150 on the Klipsch site.

They've been set up for about 30 min an so far they are worth 100% of the money. Clear, crisp sound. Clean bass, and lots of it. Long wires. Use of regular speaker wire instead of RCA or a proprietary line. Controls are integrated to the right satellite. Very, very loud. Plus they look very smexy on the desk.

I recommend that if you were thinking about getting some, to go to BB and pick them up while they're still on sale.