1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best 3870X2 Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Hinnaku, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Hinnaku

Hinnaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    In the next month or so I'll be building a new computer with a 3870X2, I was just wondering if there was a certain manufacturer that would be better to go with than others?

I was looking at the VisionTek one, but would there be a better brand to buy?

2. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    1st |Asus
    2nd |His or msi
    To be honest most use the same pcb and parts there is a small few that use there own design even there own bios settings clock speeds etc. but most just use the same and put there name on it.
    i have a power color 3870x2 and it looks and works the same as any of the above.

i think the visiontek is same as the above with just the visiontek name on it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  3. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Visiontek has a limited lifetime warranty on them, but not sure how they are for RMA's if there are issues. I have heard nothing but good things for HIS as far as quality. Asus should be good also (3 year warranty) as well as Saphire (2 year warranty - only through the original place of purchase though).

4. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As of now all the board vendors incorporate the same reference PCB and cooler design barring one model from ASUS that has a non-reference design. It boils down to which company better offers end-user support, warranty policies, package contents and above all, price. Among the reference design cards, I'd suggest HIS, it has a little more to its package contents, a mini-screwdriver and HIS is quite an established board vendor. VisionTek is good too, like I said it boils down to some very minor issues barring warranty policies which is crucial. There are some non-reference designs in the works from the likes of Sapphire (their Atomic fluid-cooled card) and the ASUS card.

5. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think what ever name you choose its important to get the fan blower system as they cool and vent air better than the ones that use after market solutions.

6. CY:G

CY:G New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought a Diamond Viper, just because it was the cheapest one, and as it has been said before, they all use the same reference board and cooler, they just put a different sticker on them....

7. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its like buying clothes lol some like showing off there nike some like addidas

8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Visiontek...Had one something odd went wrong...long story short....RMA'd . Good sevice, very knowledgable staff, good turnover time.

Thats just the company...have no personal experience with their X2 line...just the HD3870!

9. orionbg New Member

Thanks Received: