1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best Budget Headphones?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fenurch, Feb 24, 2009.

1. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Had SS 4D, then SS 5Hv2 as I quit gaming I got a new pair, Sennheiser eH 150. They cost like £25 and I'm not really that happy about them as they give me a headache (tight headband) so I'm looking for a new pair of headphones that would perform as good as Sennheisers (sound quality wise, I'm a bit of a newbie audiophile) and they were comfortable. Only thing is, they have to be avaible in UK (preferably in a local Belfast shop :D) and they can't cost more than £40 (would want up to £30 but if they're worth it, I can go extra £10.) Preferably 5.1 but they're usually on the pricey side and don't perform that great.

2. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    5.1 only have the directional sound, stick to stereo imo; better quality. When it comes to sennheiser not much can match them. I have pc350 which would be about 100 british pounds for you, but they are awesome. If you want quality, look up the sennheiser line abit maybe? Bose produce nice headphones as well.

3. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Sennheiser are after all one of the best brands (as I heard AKG, Denon are great as well) as they're made for pure quality. I'm looking in DJ headphones as this is the way I look at it - "If DJ headphones are all about music and comfort for long sessions then that's the right thing for me." I've currently set my eye on a pair of british brand "Kam" DJ headphones called Kam KHP 1500, they're only about £30 and they look pretty good although I'll look into others as well.

4. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    The sennheisers I have are for gaming and have a mic. Games sound great on em, music isn't as great but good. If you want something more dj like, look up some reviews. I'm not much familiar with them.

I have some old sony panasonic headphones I bought at futureshop for $92 (45 ish for you) years ago. They were big and comfortable and sounded nice. So maybe look at sony headphones as well.

5. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Sony and Philips are brands that make everything, they probably wouldn't sound as good as Sennheisers (i'm a picky cunt ;/). Might just sell my current ones and add up another £15 and get a pair of better Sennheisers.

BTW What about Wireless headphones, they would be great for me but is there any sound difference or lag? e.g. I'm asking this as there's a difference between wired and wireless mice.

6. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Seinheisser HD280 Pro's if you can find them that cheap. They run about $80USD new over here.

7. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Might get some real high end audiophile Sennheisers for £30 from a mate *brand new* if he can get them. Won't tell you about it just now, as I might fail.

8. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    That would be sweet :toast: GL!

9. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    Audio over wireless sounds like a bad idea. It costs so much more for wireless too. Stick with wired, it is just one.

The sonys do sound good that I have, just not as crisp as the sennheisers.

10. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    If you don't need a mic, suggest Senn PX100, Grado SR60, or Sony MDRV6. You can always clip a cheap mic onto any one of them and they'll all work well from any sound card.

11. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    I'm not really looking for anything portable, not folding or anything of that sort, just a good cheap pair of cans.

Currently I'm relying on getting them from my mate but if I don't, i'll keep posting.

12. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    Senn PX100 and Sony MDRV6 do fold, but you certainly do have to fold or unfold them. My recommendations are based solely on the sound quality you get for the money they cost.

13. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    id recommend the Sennheiser hd 200 or 201 headphones there great quality but the best thing is they really flat in my opinion which is great for when im mixing music down or if your into anything like that coz some headphones boost the bass or treble but flat ones show exactly what the recorded sound sounds like but yea the hd 200 or 201

14. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    HD200 are probably taken out of line as you can barely find a pic of them on google. Tried HD 201, didn't like them, very similar to eH 150 but 150's specs were better.

Currently there's 3 possibilities (dunno about tomorrow) -> 1) Keeping current, 2) Getting one of the Kam ones, 3) Getting HD 215 (would want 3rd option but it's un-certain just yet)

15. Edito

Edito

Thanks Received:
    talking about headphones my brother bought a Sennheiser PC25 but it doesn't work with my windows 7 x64 and Vista x64 only my xp damn doesn anyone know how to make it work under windows 7???

Thanks in advance...

16. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Maybe download drivers? -.-

17. red268

red268

Thanks Received:
    I got some similar to these (I'm pretty sure it's just the charging base/signal station that's different) Clicky here

VERY good, wireless and mine were only about £25!!

18. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    the JVC HA RX 700 are pretty good for the price

19. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
  20. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Going for Kam KHP1500, cost £40 (i'm getting them for 30). But as I haven't seen them, I'll check what they look and feel like in the shop

21. Edito

Edito

Thanks Received:
    i've been searching for the drivers for quite sometime and i just can't find it even in their own site... if u know the hot spot for the drivers for this i will appreciate...

22. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
  23. FilipM

FilipM New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the Sennheiser PC 151 and it's the best headset I had so far. If it fits within budget i strongly recommend it

24. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Creative Fatal1ty pro gaming headset (its also good for music), for the price they blow practically everything out of the water and are really cheap now, take a look at this review, they destroyed some Sennheiser 487HD's costing almost twice the price, I have a pair and they are really very good, especially for the price. Not 5.1's though but certainly in gaming terms you will have CMSS with your audigy so no problem there.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/creative_fatal1ty_review/7.htm

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  25. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Not getting anything related to gaming, I don't need it. And there's about 100% that some fancy gaymer headset won't beat Sennheisers for the same price.

BTW sorry for the ignorance but I'm just saying how I look at it.

BTW #2 I had SteelSeries 5Hv2 which are proven to be one of the best gaming headsets, why would I get another gaming headset when I could've kept it. I'm only changing because I want headphones that would be great music/movie wise.