1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

best buy going out?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by ShadowFold, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is best buy going out of buisiness?
  2. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not that I've heard of...I know CC is but I haven't heard anything about BB.
  3. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    No not that I've heard. Circuit City is donzo for sure.
  4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Their prices and support sucked ass anyway ....sketchy they were very sketchy ...their out of bizz sale prices were higher than BB normal prices...
  5. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good.. I am gonna go apply there soon. I should get it easy since I'm smarter than all the tards at the geek squad.
  6. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Geek squad is a joke...and so was CC's firedog people. I used to work for CCs firedog, I was in store pc tech. And all the other techs that I worked with minus one other guy where just fucking tards! sorry but they new nothing about computers/networks. And it's usually the same for geeksquad. I was talking to a guy that worked there because i was considering getting a job there but I quickly changed my mind, thanks to him, he was quite ignorant when it came to computers. I dont know how they hire these people. :shadedshu
  7. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh.. It's an easy job that makes money. Good enough for me.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    jbunch07 I take your avatar and sig to be a challenge! (slaps jbunch07 in the face with a glove) Will you duel my Pony?

On subject it would be a shame if they do close it down. Lots of jobs lost. However nobody would miss its gouging on prices.
  9. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Actually, they're a great place to buy games, CDs and movies. I'd be very disappointed if they went under.
  10. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree. First week cd's are $10? Awsome! The sales they have are pretty sweet too. I bought my 40" XBR6 and a BD550 bluray play for $1800 the sunday after christmas. The TV itself is worth $2300
  11. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    CC didnt hire mainly for knowledge of techs, but for the ability to sell mainly. I too once was a firedog and it was always "come on sell those services or get out on the floor and help customers". Heres me going wtf? It was bs to me, cause all I wanted to do was fix and work on the pc's. Its good now their gone, but I knew alot of people who worked their that were cool.

Best buy has always had the advantage over quite a few places, but online is overtaking.
  12. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm a good seller. I know how to make people buy stuff, I have experience with that since I build PC's for people in my spare time and they usually end up getting more powerful things than they need :laugh:
  13. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    I stopped in one of my local CC stores yesterday, to see if I could pick up some cheap games.

I found their "Sale Prices" higher than the prices they were charging a little over a year ago for the same games. For example, I bought Oblivion at this very same store in December of 07 for $29.95, now it is $49.99 minus 30% "discount"; $34.99. UT3 was $45.99 minus 30%; $32.20, when I got it for $19.99 a year ago.
  14. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    How about a 3 way race you me and j? :D
  15. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you. Those idiots that work there don't know jack about computers. I have been there told them a whole list of things that I needed and they even didn't know what a 4870 is.
  16. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    Bestbuy sometimes has some really good prices, especially on pc monitors in my area but in my area the geeksquad there sucks, I knew this guy who was looking for a good video card for his pc and he had a really good pc but it had onboard, now, he went there and they told him that a HD4650 was faster than the 9600GT and cheaper, the difference was 30 bucks at the time at bestbuy, and he told me this and I got mad and we went back to the store the same day to try to take it back and they still said it was faster and we got in an argument, the store manager eventually came out and we got the refund, I think bestbuy is a great store, I even just bought a acer lcd today from them, but geeksquad in some areas is just total crap, but this is also why you research something before you buy it, if you don't you more than likely will get ripped off.