1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

best free firewall

Discussion in 'General Software' started by xman2007, Oct 3, 2006.

1. xman2007

xman2007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    at the minute im using zonealarm and never had a problem with it, however when i leave my pc on for a long time, and come back the service has stopped and either needs restard or requires i reboot my pc entirely

this is beginning to worry me a bit. dont wether it has to do with my cmos battery because my time keeps changing aswell and constantly needs adjusting, i read somewhere that could mean the cmos battery needs replacing, just wondering what firewall i should use.

and do i need to look into this problem with the time randomly changing a bit more ? already uninstalled avg and thought id give avast a try as ive never had it before.

2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I've been having similar problems with zonealarm. If I hibernate my PC or just leave it running for a long time zonalarm will prevent EVERYTHING from connecting to the internet, even internet browsers.

Try Sygate, it's a great firewall.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  3. Canuto

Canuto New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn polaris you beat to it :p

Yeah go for Sygate personal firewall v5.6, i use it and i can assure you it's the best out there :)

4. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    Sygate is one of the best i ever used it's imple to use :)