Discussion in 'Games' started by Solaris17, Dec 28, 2010.
Forgot about that one.
"We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect.
"Human, you've changed nothing. Your species has the attention of those infinitely your greater. " - Harbinger, Mass Effect 2.
"War. War never changes." - Fallout.
"I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees...that is a joke." - EDI, Mass Effect 2 (Joker's expression at this is just priceless).
"Hey you in the shirt!"
"Brains." -Just about every single zombie game ever made.
That reminded me of this gem:
"All Your Base Are Belong to Us" from Zero Wing
-Street Fighter 2
I remember from Tiberian Sun, that (in the GDI campaign intro) some of the main characters are involved in a training. A chap surnamed McNeil gets hit (on purpose?) by a teammate's exercise gun. McNeil jumps at the guy, both tumbling onto the ground, and says "You shot me, you son of a bitch!".
Another one from the same game:
"CABAL, define favourable outcome"
"They will all die"
"That will do" (last part of a dialogue between the CABAL system and a Nod commander)
What I like to remember too, is the way the board computer from Samus Aran's suit is saying "Radiation detected" (with a rather nasal voice) in Metroid Prime.
In Htitman: Silent Assasin: "... he is a friend of mine, and has been kidnapped." "A friend? Have you grown soft, 47?" - Agent 47 and Diana during a phone call earely in the game.
Grand Theft Auto 2:
- Someone during a radio interview: "... all such things are happening because people are very-very-much too [breathtaking pause] invuuulved with masturbation." Radio guy: "Oooh now you just sound like my mother, that's just what she says." "I am talking about spiritual masturbation. When you put your haaand on the penis of your soul, and you stroke that penis of your soul..." "Okay, okay, thank you but I think it's time for our next guest".
And let's not forget Metro 2033:
- "Wicked phenomenon, yes? You see, it is not more "evil" than say, fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement." - Khan (after Artyom's first encounter with an Anomaly).
- In the level D-6, one of the Rangers shouts through the intercom: "People of the Metro! We are the Invisible Watchers!" (and goes on a little longer, though I forgot the words). Another guy named Vladimir interrupts him with, "Ulman, stop screwing around."
- Miller's about being a hero: "... trying to save the world, while being knee-deep in shit, and nobody gives a damn".
- A fellow traveler of Artyom, after reaching Riga station and having a drink to celebrate the survival of the journey to it: "Surely this vodka kicks everyone's ass" (quote may not be completely literal).
- A gun trader about a weapon that he claims to be better than the weapon I have in the same slot as being filled in case I decide to purchase that new weapon: "Throw your junk away, that's for babies!". What is quite funny, because something losing its purpose will of course be recycled somehow in that underground society in which everything is scarce. And that guy says "throw away" in a manner that implicates walking to the nearest trash bin, lol.
"Me busy! Leave me alone!"
"We must defeat the dwarves! Ugh... We ARE the dwarves. Oh..."
Resident Evil 4
"Leon! you pervert!"
I cant remember and its not a game quote but it was a funny line
Protrayed to be said by kratos about piracy
He goes something like this, By the gods, i have been living the (shadow maybe) of the pirated one for too long....
Cant find it anywhere
One of the first playable scenes in Conkers bad Fur Day;
that and just about every other quote in the whole game is frikken hilarious, like this;
those are my favourites, and also the ending dialogue in Uncharted 2 was just classic, about him crying when he thought she was dead, awesome.
My personal fav, "OOOOOBLIVION!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kologarn in Ulduar from WoW: Wrath of the Lich King. I used to repeat that shit in a deep throaty growl in vent and annoy the shit out of 24 other ppl every single week.
Another few from Metro 2033:
- "Now that's hardware!" - Valodya in D-6 when they manage to activate some stuff.
- "Careful dammit! Twenty years without maintenance is too much, even for Soviet military structures!" - Miller after seeing Valodya lean on a piece of fence, which couldn't bare the weight due to aging and falls down.
- "Cool! Just like in the old Hollywood movies about the Soviet Union!" Miller, when he gets the lighting on by giving a control panel a bash.
You'd get some prety epic quotes from here XD
About ^^, I wouldn't teach my infant such stuff, as it seems just plain wrong too me to let him grow up like that. The times of the USSR/Nazi Germany are over...
i'd throw in a dozen quotes from company of heroes, but some of them have NAUGHTY WORDS
some good ones:
Swing those purses like you mean it lads! (british)
F*cking rain, f*cking germans! f*ck! (british)
Panzershreck! Time to un-pimp zeir ride!
This halftrack smells like Volksgrenadiers.
idle Volksgrenadiers: "Does anyone have some toilet paper? I'm out..."
For godsakes private, Tie your shoe laces.
Hey new guy, don't F*ck up.
Rangers: Close and Spray, the SMG way.
Riflemen: Join the army he says, see the world he says, if I ever find that damn recruiter...
Engineer with flamethrower: Grab a kraut and burn his @$$ off.
Crocodile (flamethrower tank): Burn, MotherFu**a.
Allied Sniper: heart or head, either way, Jerry's dead.
"What does that bike think it's trying to do?" - Sherman getting fired upon by a Wehrmacht bike
a personal favourite:
"We're being sent on a coffee and donut run. Only problem is that the Nazis drank all the coffee and donuts and now we gotta go beat the shit out of them."
Some quotes from Bioshock.
Atlas: Would you kindly head to Ryan's office and kill the son of a bitch?
Andrew Ryan: A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Sander Cohen: I know why you've come, little moth. You've your own canvas. One you'll paint with the blood of a man I once loved. Yes. I'll send you to Ryan, but first, you must be part of my masterpiece. Go to the Atrium. Hurry now! My muse is a fickle bitch, with a very short attention span!
Here are some more http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1094581/quotes
Best scene ever in a video game:
"I am the very model of a scientist salarian.
I've studied species turian, asari and batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics
(as a subset of biology)
because I am an expert
(which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian.
I am the very model of a scientist salarian!"
Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2.
Beside most the quotes already listed...
"HEY, wipe your ass!" - Scarface random taunt
"Fuggen otohead!" - Scarface random taunt
"I piss in choo face, how you like that?" - Scarface random taunt
"My mother's my sister!" - one of the redneck peds when you drive by fast in GTA3
"Burrrrito!" - random Diablos member when you pull it him out of his Stallion in GTA3
"Cheesy vaginas!" one of the homeless black peds when you drive by fast in GTAIV
"Shit." Said calmly by a businesswoman in a suit when you drive by fast in GTAIV
Tones make them all.
I'll second that, especially with the "My mother's my sister"! The Redneck accent makes it so much more special
"Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out" -Portal
Me liked that one...
Im thinking of theese:
"I´m gonna cut you to pieces, dry you up, put you in my pipe & smoke you"
Game: Sacred (My gladitator character saying to a goblin, i LOLed so friggin much).
Also "Heathens" female cultist yell, from teh same game.
Well not "best" qoutes, but funny nevertheless.
Everything from Deus Ex, but mostly one of the endings:
Helios: We have existed in isolation. Pure, disconnected, alone, stagnant.
JC Denton: Who are you?
Helios: We are Daedalus, we are Icarus. The barriers between us have fallen, and we have become... our own shadows. We can be more, if we join with you.
And the Thief games are littered with good quotes, but I'll just insert the Metal Age prophecy:
My hand is copper.
My brow is lead.
Suffer me in a red patina,
swept along in a molten flow
to a sad eternity.
My stride interrupted
my thoughts untimed
my tears are become drops of silver
and shattered the crystalline fern.
I plead the wind to sweep us away.
My alabastrine limbs, useless and tired,
my carnelian heart, beatless and mired. I pick the gilded apple from the iron tree
I wipe the rust from my browThe earth rejects me, foul and changed,
the wind refuses me, unsightly and maimed.
My voice is corrupted, my tongue unwind,
my pulse is mercurial sickened, it slows.Destiny and danger are stil focused on the one,
the renegade who is both brethen and betrayer.
Beware the spider, for he weaves both labyrinth and lair. My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
My eyes forever focused on the sanguine metal dawn.
The vid can be seen here.
"Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and a failing empire, or to challenge the fate for a another throw, a better throw against one's destiny, what was a King to do?" -Kain, intro of Legacy of Kain: Defiance.
"There was a time when you have heeded wise counsel when it was offered" -Mobius to kain, LOK: Defiance.
"The coin is still turning" -Kain to Raziel, LOK: Soul Reaver 2
"The past is a gaping hole, yawning near your feet, the more you try to run from it, the closer you get" -Max Payne in Max Payne 2
"Did I love her? Was there a choice?" -Max Payne, about Mona Sax, Max Payne 2
"Like two brothers kept on different sides of a civil war" -Vladimir, Max Payne, quoted by Max in Max Payne 2
"It is fear that gave men wings" Max Payne, about Vinnie Cognitti, Max Payne.
in Postal 2
Separate names with a comma.