1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best laptop for budget

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by demonbrawn, Apr 7, 2009.

1. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys. It's been a while, but I'm comin back around to the site again. I had a question for anyone who keeps up with laptops nowadays. I have never looked at laptops before, but my wife's 6-year-old laptop needs to be replaced. What is the best laptop on the market right now for under $1000?
  2. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    I guess that really depends on what it is going to be used for. :)
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You should contact wastedslayer. I think he had a really nice gaming laptop for sale. It was nearly new, and cost him $1400+. He's selling it in perfect condition for around $1000.
  4. alucasa

alucasa

Thanks Received:
    Dell is a good choice, too.
  5. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    I have been purchasing Dell Vostro laptops for my employees. They are no-frills, no-extras laptops, but we haven't had a single problem on the 5 we have. :)

Though, admittedly, I do not think they would game AT ALL. :( But for e-mail, internet, Office, movies, music, etc. it is more than enough (and pretty cheap as well)

Best of luck. :toast:
  6. alucasa

alucasa

Thanks Received:
    My experience with Dell has been excellent especially in service department area. I had a Dell XPS M1330 broke down. They sent a box for me to put the laptop in and ship on the next day. The box had a pre-paid overnight shipping label also.

Overall, the whole ordeal took only 1 day for my laptop to arrive with a new motherboard. Talk about lighting service. But it was a XPS, dell's top of line laptop.
  7. demonbrawn

demonbrawn New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to want a nice performance laptop. Something I can game on, hopefully. I've heard very mixed reviews about Dell, so I'm just not sure about them...