1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

best Mechanical Gaming Keyboards

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Nov 22, 2012.

1. IamEzio

Thanks Received:
    Maybe a bit too late, but the Numpad on the K60/90 is mechanical . the Ecs, F1-12 and the group of buttons on top of the arrows are rubber domes.

2. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Anyone try one of these yet http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=10019&product_name=CM Storm QuickFire TK $90 BTW

Im thinking id like MX reds,I cant stand the blues because of the slider part that has to return all the way up before it clicks again. I like soft keys with a tactile click without being noisy.

I also want a num pad and green backlights would be nice even if it was something I could soldier myself later.
    I cant swing $180 for a keyboard ATM so this looks like the best im going to find, im not concerned about PS/2, NKRO, anti ghosting or macros, media keys are a plus.
    Any suggestions :confused:.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    My folks told me to make a christmas list so, I put 4 keyboards on it.
    The CM Storm Trigger
    The Razer Blackwidow Ultimate w/ brown switches
    The Ducky MX Overclock edition
    and
    The Corsair Vengeance K90

I figured Id let my folks choose for me.

The only other thing on my list was 7.62x54r ammo.

Thanks for the input guys.
    Merry Christmas

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you'll be happy with any of those. :)

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  5. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
  6. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    Is that Osmium PS2? I can't imagine it is with the programmable keys on it. I'm not surprised if it was the case, somehow, gigabyte seems to keep its software layers slim, so it's not too horrible to have programmable keys.

7. mbhammerbro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Blackwidow Ultimate by Razer is by far my favorite keyboard. Amazing key response, backlit, feels great and performs just as well. I honestly would have trouble getting rid of it.

8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I just received my Tax refund. What Mechanical Keyboard with Macro keys should I be getting?

9. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    I love my Blackwidow Ultimate. Much better than my POS Logitech G110 was.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I'd say anything is better than my old G110. Unfortunately, I have not had good times with Razer except with my copperhead. Logitech's new board (G710+) makes me wary with the huge price tag and it being their first foray into the market.

11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Buy a press and reload your own. Cheaper and you might even learn what a crappy round that is too!

Also I own a Razer Black Widow and its perfectly fine. I believe Cadaveca has one also.

12. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    several people have recommended CM triggers. your take?

13. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    7.62x54 can be a good round if made by the right company but then it would rely on the build quality of the rifle.

I like the coolermaster keyboards myself and have been very close in taking the plunge into mechanical.

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/880-rounds-762x54r-bulgarian-com-bloc-mid-70s-production-surplus-ammo-cardboard-case

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/440-rounds-762x54r-147-grain-fmj-ammo.aspx?a=865012

Well, I am ready to take the plunge myself. This craptastic Dell keyboard Im using misses keystrokes and such all the time.

15. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well i have had 2 of them and both ended up with the same issue which was letter spamming and not working.

odd part was if i kept hitting the key over and over and i mean a lot of times it would start working again but then another key would do it..

At this time all keys are working probably knows i plan to replace it asap lol.

Switches are great in it but in side the keyboard if you can get in to it carefully enough as the stupid things are clipped as well as screwed together.

I had to re-solder 2 keys to get them working again.

I got my second one due to the 1st failing in warranty and which started to fail 4 months in so i emailed razor about it just to see how they would respond and they did not even respond so fuck'em after 5 razor products i have had of them over the years.

I do love the switches i must say as after time you will not even bottom out the key when typing and the click just tells you when..

KRD did you get a new KB and if so how has it been ?.

16. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    So, I purchased the CM Storm Trigger Blue Switches and my roommate purchased the Browns that way, if either of us prefers the opposite, we can switch. ^_^

AsRock and erocker say thanks.
  17. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I managed to find the Quick Fire TK with MX Brown switches,

tempted to buy it and see if it feels any better then my K90 for typing. I find that i share most peoples views on the internet regarding slower typing speed when it comes to MX black keys.

Im a gamer but I also like to type shit real fast too, there needs to be a balance.

18. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    I have a Filco Majestouch 2. Very satisfied with the quality but for its price its certainly very basic (no led, no extra gaming keys etc). My friend (flatmate) has the G710+ Logitech mechanical which is 30% more expensive. Its full sturdy plastic and cool looks while it also has many extra useful things but the keys aren't as good as mine.

19. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    I just got one a couple days ago, a Coolermaster Storm Quickfire pro, w/cherry mx brown keys. I'm still getting acclimated, but some of the latency and unrecognized key presses I'd gotten used to have gone away.

The one thing I'm not sure I like is that I feel like this thing should be a ps2 keyboard. The lighting and media key functions I'd gladly forego in favor of a ps2 version, and it seems like apart from the media keys, all of the rest of the functionality could be handled with some firmware on the keyboard. And I'd gladly do without the media keys.

20. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    yeah, the one thing I don't like about the storm trigger is the 6-key Rollover. All the others have "nkey rollover." If I could, I would get it with nkey. But really, when would I use 6 simultaneous keys?

21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Man I thought you used all the keys on the keyboard at the SAME TIME when you were flying transport choppers! You look like Mozart on that bitch!

22. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Wow, thanks,. I think that is the nicest thing you have said to me since well, ever.:laugh:

23. theubersmurf

theubersmurf

Thanks Received:
    mine can switch betwen 6 and nkey (brag brag) Though it hasn't been an issue, with it left on 6 I've been fine, as well with n.

24. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Recently got a Steelseries 6 mechanical keyboard. It seems to be pretty decent for typing and gaming, and was affordably priced at $70.

25. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I love my Razer Black Widow. Lot of people don't like it, but for some reason it works perfectly for me. Tried Cherry Browns, but I am just to used to these Cherry Blues, <3