1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best Monitor for Games and Overall.!

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Errol77, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Errol77 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dear All,

I want to update my actual monitor Dell 24" with more than 6 years old for a new one, I'm searching for the best visual in Games also with great colors (AKA: Less response time, Less possible Lag response without degrading to much the colors and saturation).

I don't care to much about cost or resolutions for the new monitor but I preferd to be around (1920X1080) to (2560 x 1440), about 24" or 27" size monitor. Even put in conisderation any HDTV 40" for this...;)

My resently research give me 3 monitors to start this Thread and finally one HDTV:

OPTION 1: BenQ XL2420T

Pros: Fast 120Hz Panel With a low-medium Lag 13-16 ms, and more important for me almost No Ghost Effect and 1920X1080 pixeles witch is great to run with almost any recentrly GPU like GTX660Ti or better
    Cont: Colors will be degradated and not so vivid like other monitors

Below the link from tft Central Web page
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2420t.htm

OPTION 2: Asus PB278Q 60Hz refresh

Pros: Low-medium Lag 16-18 ms, the best techology to reduce Ghost to date and configurable called 'Trace Free', bigger 27" display and very good interpolation from 2560 x 1440 pixel, with better Colors (I think):rolleyes: and best contrast for a PLS panel,

Cont: hardly run in native resolution even for a SLI GTX660 Ti setup. possible flicker at 50% Brightness.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_pb278q.htm

OPTION 3: DELL U2713HM 60Hz refresh

Pros: Good to reduce Ghost not as good as the first two, bigger 27" display and good interpolation from 2560 x 1440 pixel, with great Colors...

Cont: Medium Lag 22-28 ms, hardly run in native resolution even for a SLI GTX660 Ti setup. possible flicker at 50% Brightness.

Link:
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2713hm.htm

OPTION 4: SONY HDTV 40" Sony KDL-40HX850 *10/10 Score from Trusted Reviews :eek:

Pros: Good to reduce Ghost, bigger than 27" display, 1920X1080 pixeles great to run wit any recent GPU GTX 660Ti, Excellent color reproduction (Need to see in PC mode..!):rolleyes:, and includes a WiFi...

Cont: Medium Lag 32-36 ms, cost about 60% more than a PC monitor, no stand support

** I don't know you but any HDTV set don't match the quality and sharpnes as a regular PC monitor.
    Link
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-kdl-40hx853_TV_review

UPDATE

I recently saw a new model from DELL Displays that could be a excelent Choice:

DELL U2713H .... with better response time vs (U2713HM) and greater color depth and gama...!!
    27" (68.47 cm)
    AH In-plane switching, anti glare with hard coat 3H
    2560 x 1440 at 60 Hz
    1000 to 1 (typical), Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 2 Million:1 (Max)
    Brightness: 350 cd/m2 (typical), 50 cd/m2 (minimum)
    Response Time: 6ms (grey to grey)
    Color Support:
    Color Depth: 1.07 billion colors
    Color Gamut (typical): Adobe RGB 99%, sRGB 100% and 120% (CIE 1976)3

Thank you for your comments about this Thrend and please feel free to recomend any other PC or HDTV monitor that will be in this list.

Kind Regards.
    Errol (Mexico City)

My PC.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-Wifi
    CPU: Intel Core7 i5 3570K (4.2 Ghz) with Corsair H50 Water Cooler
    Mem: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133C9
    GPU: Two - GTX660Ti SLI
    SSD: Adata 256GB - SX900
    Audio: Asus Zonar DGX

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    if you have to choose from that list buy the BenQ XL2420T otherwise buy the ASUS VG236HE.
  3. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    I Can't Speak For the other's , Although I Can Say that the Dell's are Very Nice. I'm using the Same Model as you put in your list, and it's Fantastic.

For one, it's Got Every imaginable option you could imagine, 4 Flash memory Reader's , 4 USB port's HDMI, DVI, S-Video , VGA, and USB out , for Hooking the monitor up to your PC, to have Full functionality with your PC. Plus it's nice to Have an actual monitor (1200p+) , instead of those TV LED's(1080-) reused for monitor's by Companies who just reuse the same stuff to Cut cost's.
    On the Down side, The cost is REALLY high, and you Get ALOT of option's you'll likely NEVER use.
    I got mine for REALLY cheap, but if the extra's aren't a selling point for you, maybe another company can offer you something better @ a better price, Not to mention that there are other types that have better #'s in response time.
  4. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    for gaming 120hz is so worth it. it's an advantage over console gaming. the BenQ doesn't measure as well as the Asus but it's all matte including the bezel and stand so no reflections! once you dial in the calibration numbers and load the ICC profile it looks better.