1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best Sound Card For Dvd Dts Encoding

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jlmike, May 24, 2006.

1. jlmike New Member

Thanks Received:
    What would be the best sound card for all the new incodings on DVD along with gaming. I have a 5-1 with SPDIF in speaker setup and would like to hook up both of my DVD burners.
    Thanks as I need to get the sound off my motherboard MSI NEO4 SLIE

2. markkleb Guest

3. jlmike New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Markkleb

I believe that card uses the via envy c media 8788 chipset. I hear they may be coming out with another card with the 8788 chipset? Yor thoughts? With 2 DVD burners I would like to move this rig into the Media stage when I get a HDTV BIG SCREEN. Right now I use the on board sound chip.

4. markkleb Guest

Have you looked at the M-Audio stuff. Honestly I dont know enough to be of much help.

What i do know is the first card i listed is a amazing card, as well as the Diamond Audio cards(great deal for the money) and when people do audio recording M-Audio comes up alot..

I am using a Audigy2 Plat cause someone traded me for a mobo (I would normally NEVER spend $220 for a sound card) But it does sound real nice...I would have gotten the AuzenTech XMYSTIQUE7.1 for my personal comp.

5. jlmike New Member

Thanks Received:
    M-audio

MARKKLEB As I understand the Diamond and the M-Audio both use the same VIA-ENVY chipset. The Diamond does not have the whistles and bells and the M-Audio is geared more for the Audio Guru that wants to run the siginal thru their Cinima and audio home rig. (it does not support SPDIF out) the Auzentech does look pretty good. thanks

6. markkleb Guest

Anytime...

7. jlmike New Member

Thanks Received:
    Auzentech

LOOKS LIKE HITECH AUZENTECH IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW CARD USING THE 8788 CHIPSET SO I THINK I WILL WAIT AND CHECK IT OUT:ohwell:

8. markkleb Guest

Looks like the best just keeps getting better...