1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best Sounding Audio Player

Discussion in 'General Software' started by OpenCloud, Feb 9, 2007.

1. OpenCloud

OpenCloud New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys. Lately I was wondering what you guys think is the best sounding audio player out there that's also versatile. I plan on getting a very good sound card, so do you think it really matters? What about WMP, is that the best? Apart from popular players such as Winamp, I currently use BSPlayer and VLC Player. Also there's an important aspect I need the player to have.

Obviously people sometimes make playlists so that they don't have to drag-and-drop or select each song, in this case M3U. I couldn't get any of my players to have mutiple playlists lined up after the other. Everytime I put a new playlist it got rid of the current one. I want to do it this way because it's very convenient for me, having the option of arranging different albums in order each day via M3U. So I just wanna make sure whatever you suggest supports this. ^_^
  2. Scavar

Scavar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I use four programs. WMP 11, Winamp 5.*, VLC, MPC. WMP11 for most videos, Winamp5 for music, and VLC and MPC for anything else that WMP and Winamp wont play.

I am almost positive you can get Winamp to do the album thing, and I know WMP does it. As a last resort, you can make a playlist, that is just multiple playlists.
  3. OpenCloud

OpenCloud New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hear people say Winamp sounds muffled. There must be secret audio players out there that sound great.
    But is there an audiophilie in here? lol.
  4. J0N

J0N New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stick with WMP. If anything sounds muffled its the speakers, file quality or soundcard. WMP and Winamp will just play what they're given.
  5. peach1971

peach1971 New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Winamp will do full 24bit output :)

But ya I'm an audiophile, personally I use winamp for music, there is so much you can do with it!

I have tried very recently about 15 other programs, and am yet to come by one I really like over it.
  7. GIGGLA

GIGGLA New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've noticed before that nero media player that comes on the nero cd burning software cd is good. It is alot louder than winamp or wmp. It also has like a 20 channel equalizer. I think it might have sounded clearer also but i'm not sure. As far as having playlists i'm not sure how it handles those.
  8. OpenCloud

OpenCloud New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great. For the people who posted do you mind trying to attempt the mutiple M3U playlist stacking I posted above in any of the programs you use? Then tell me the result and what program you used?
    That'd be a lot of help.