1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best video card for streaming video with DVI, HDMI and S-video?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Salbando, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Salbando New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All,

I am looking for a reasonably priced card (about $50 or so) that I can use to output to a TV.
    I have a PCI express slot with 2 gigs of ram of system RAM and a new Corsair 400watt power supply.

I would like to have at least HDMI, DVI and S-video output if on the card.

I am not interested in gaming but really only high quality steaming to watch
    tv-shows and series or movies.
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    S-Video is going to be hard to come by in a modern card, they've kind of phased that standard out since a lot of TVs don't have it anymore. HDMI and DVI will be easy, even if the card just has DVI, you can just a simple converter to get HDMI, most cards come with the converter.

Are you going to be playing any games with this card, or strictly streaming video to a TV? An HD5450 would probably fit your needs, though it doesn't have S-Video.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. Salbando New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can live without the s-video. Game playing will be very little to nil. I saw this card as well---what do you think? GIGABYTE GV-R435OC-512I Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bi...

What is the difference between the white and blue DVI connectors. I have a cord for my monitor that is white on the ends--will this work with a blue DVI connector on a card?
  4. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    There is no difference between the white and blue DVI connector, it is just a color choice. The HD 4350 would fit your needs perfectly if you don't play any games.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Salbando New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, i appreciate all the help and advice. I just ordered the 4350!