1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best video repair tool (.ASF filetype)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Mark7805, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Mark7805

Thanks Received:
    Hey all!

I have a video file I'm trying to open but just can't seem to figure out a solution. I've tried asf_avi_rm_wmv_repair from http://www.repairvideo.com/ and had no luck.

Microsoft Media ASF View 9 came up with these errors and I couldn't make much of them besides "something is greater than what it should be" lol

[​IMG]

Any help is greatly appreciated :):banghead:

2. Black.Raven

Black.Raven

Thanks Received:
    have you tried installing K-lite codec pack extended? Its a lot of codecs so you can rule out (99%) that you have a codec that can run it in the first place.

btw, did you download it, or is it from your camera?

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Mark7805

Thanks Received:
    The person who gave me the video file to fix(loaded on a DVD), included the panasonic media player required to view the camera footage. I downloaded K-lite Mega pack as I couldn't find an extended version, guessing that's what you meant :p

This is all MediaInfo said about the .asf file

Most importantly, the media player software included wouldn't pick it up.

4. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried VLC player? It's been my experience that if it doesn't play it nothing will.

Another one you can try is GOM Media Player. My brother in law says it's better that VLC.

5. Mark7805

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I tried both unfortunately :(

6. Black.Raven

Black.Raven

Thanks Received:
    try renaming it to .asx, play in windows media player. if it doesnt work, install this codec: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ and try again. if it still doenst work, try playing it in media player classic, wich comes with k-lite. (its full, not extended :slap: )

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Mark7805

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm is GSpot a codec or an analyzer? I tried browsing to both the .asx and .asf file types and nothing came up for codec information. When I renamed it to .asx I kept a separate copy of the .asf file.

When I loaded the .asx file, it did have a timecode and started playing, but I couldn't see any video.(don't think there was audio in the video)

8. Jimmy6

Jimmy6

Thanks Received:
    Try the .asf file repair software "asfbin 1.8" it's amazing maybe it's help for you