1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best water cooling kit for a new guy

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Apocolypse007, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive been modding my PC for a long time now, but up until now i haven't gone anywhere near any watercooling products, but now im finally ready to do so. It seems rather expensive to buy individual parts and im not sure what would be compatible with what anyway, so i would like to get a good kit. I know there are a lot out there, and i need some educated opinions on what i should get.

I would like something that can cool my cpu and graphics card and possibly the northbridge. My price range is pretty much anything under $300 and my priorieties are Price>Performance>Noise.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated:D

2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    a swiftech h20 120 kit is good. dont get the compact and dont get the thermalelectric version either. get either the apex or the regular..

if you want to spend some good money and get a case(which comes with everything installed(less hassle then installing in an existing case)) then this one is really really sweet http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...er_and_Black_VB5001SNA.html?id=2tgvjoP8#blank
    especcially the hydraolic opening doors and everything. with something like that, the only thing you really have to do is install the waterblock on the cpu and add any extra water blocks that you purchased to the loop.

3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Don't get that case. Thermaltake = fail, in water cooling.

Get a Swiftech H2O-120 Premium. Comes with everything you need, and is easy to install if you have the slightest mechanical abilities. I have one (tho due to my recent mishap, I need to get more tubing before I install it again), and it keeps my 6000+ below 50c at 1.6V. Great starter kit. And it only costs around $150 on Newegg. If you want something a little better, get the H20-240 kit for $100 more.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Not bad, but the Swiftech outperforms it.

6. savillm

savillm New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. Apocolypse007

Apocolypse007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the input guys! it looks like the swiftech is the winner here. After i get a few more checks in the bank i will most likely order the swiftech kit off of newegg.

9. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    theres a antec p180 case thats watercooled by a swiftech kit on newegg. that would be the least hassle, but more money, better just to get a kit and install it.