1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best way to deal with a cyber bully.

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by grunt_408, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    I am posting this thread desperation as my little brother has been getting bullied at school. He has just moved here and started at this school and has been getting bullied. Now this Bully has taken it onto facebook. He has created 2 profiles in my brothers name and also a hate club all about my brother. The other thing that he has done has created his own fake profile and cyberbullies other children through it. The police cant do anything as Australia has not got legislation in place yet to invade the little buggers privacy :(. The school cant do anything as they need proof that it is him.

My little brother has not got a facebook and we only found the fake profiles and hate club after watching a story on the news on cyberbullying. We have reported the club and fake profiles to fb and they have not been removed. We have also tried to get a hold of the bullies msn or skype but for a young kid he seems to be very good at this.

My question is what can we do to get revenge on this little bully? Thumping him comes to mind but that would just make me out to be a as small as he is. I know that there a lot of smart cookies here at tpu and if you are reading this feel free to pm me any ideas you have if they are too nasty to post publicly :p . Pleas any help will be appreciated this thing if t is not stopped can have big effects on peoples lifes.

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    how old is this kid do you know?

first thigs first..call his parents and explain it.

next if the kid is below a certain age try to make a new facebook account and see if it has any warnings like "bust be 13 or older" if he's younger than this e-mail them again

however regard;ess e-mail them again concerning what you e-mailed before

grunt_408 says thanks.
  3. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    We have told fb. My Mum and Dad have been into the school heaps of times trying to get it sorted. They have aksed to speak with the childs parents but the school will not allow it wtf. I think the kid is 13.

4. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    confront him and scare the crap out of him, dont have to hurt him in any way, just have a nice gentle talk with about how he shouldnt be bullying your brother

grunt_408 says thanks.
  5. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    or another idea, just find someone that is good at breaking passwords and start taking over all his accounts and turning them on him, lol...thats a horrible idea but funny seeing as 13 yr olds dont have the strongest passwords HAHAHAHAHA

grunt_408 says thanks.
  6. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    or just tell your little brother to run at him and kick him in the nutz every time he sees him! lol

grunt_408 says thanks.
  7. Assassin48 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The best way would be contacting Facebook to have those accounts shutdown then get the cops involved, threaten to sue him for "social damages" and see if the bully will stop

DO NOT CONFRONT HIM! OR TOUCH HIM, it will end bad on your end

grunt_408 says thanks.
  8. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    shave half his eyebrow off while he's sleeping... that will make him have to decide what to do with the other 1.5 eyebrows.

Find something dead on the street, cut open his mattress from the bottom and then insert it into the mattress - he will never find the smell haha.

erm... seriously though. I really think a good asskicking is in order - but from your brother, not you. Find a good MMA gym, get him a membership, then have him beat his ass a few times, and that should end it. Plus in about 1 year your bro won't have time to be dealing with this mickey mouse sh*t as he will be chasing girls/boys w/e he is into lol.

grunt_408 says thanks.
  9. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    ROFLOL. Yes my bro plays aussie rules football and has just started doing martial arts lessons so eventually I think he will hit the kid. I would love to turn the kids own handy work against him that is just what he needs!

10. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    nah youre never gonna prove to an idiot that theyre an idiot, dont even waste your time...

the most important thing is to minimize what the bullying is doing to your bro's self esteem - aussie football and some karate will get him friends and confidence... that will make him hard to mess with. So its temporary, this other dude is obviously a jack off with too much time. Although I am still a strong supporter of peeing in his juicebox.

grunt_408 says thanks.
  11. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Wee in his juicebox I lol'd

12. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    ya im with the other as stated try going about it the proper way...then if that fails..honestly just let your bro kick the kids ass. as long as your bro doesnt get in trouble for it it will be totally worth it and maybe even a few days off from school..i personally never understood suspensions..basically your just giving the kid a week of what he wants but hey more for him!

grunt_408 says thanks.
  13. a111087

a111087

Thanks Received:
    I would do something really stupid, probably. I would find him when he is waiting for a school bus and throw a balloon at him filled with something sticky. I'm not saying this is the best or smartest way of solving this problem, it might even escalate this, but that is what comes to my mind. I just hate people like that, what do you think he is going to do when he grows up? He will be another douche... If I knew that someone is bullying my kid, I would beat the living shit out of them! No need for formality.

there are a lot of articles on the internet
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...deal with cyber bully australia&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

grunt_408 says thanks.
  14. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh, i have so EVIL ideas in my mind MUAJAJAJAAJAJA.

1 - Learn its fears. try talking to people who knows it Ej: Fire
    2 - look for something he aprreciets much (a girlfriend, a toy)
    3 - use against him: tell his girl (girls of that age tend to be more comprehensive [at least here] ) what he is doing and tell her to tell him she would break with him if he doesnt stop
    4 - use the fire: burn things that he may utilize (homework for instance)
    5 - enbarras him in front of all the group MAKE HIM CRY
    6 - if he has a pet, HURT IT
    7 - told your brother to learn some personal defense and give him some lessons

6* - If nothing works KILL THE PET. (here is not illegal)

Disclaimer: If any mod see any of this as innapropiate, please delete the post and inform me so i can make it a pm

grunt_408 says thanks.
  15. Greenmousa

Greenmousa

Thanks Received:
    I honestly though that bully kids and stuff like taking lunch money from other kids was something that only happened in the movies...i honestly cannot believe that it is a serious thing D:

Advice??...mmmm...It really it's onto the fathers of the bully kid, i mean if you all sat in the living room with the kid parents and all and confront him about what he did you can scare him good, but again, it depends on the kid fathers, if mom was a cheerleader and daddy a quarterback former bully then you are in for a ride!

Man the world it's like Hooch...

grunt_408 says thanks.
  16. Woody112

Woody112 New Member

Thanks Received:
    1) Supersoaker filled with NAIR.
    2) Kick his ass dress him up like a little girl take many pictures. This will be used as black mail.

grunt_408 says thanks.
  17. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    i like the second idea but to make it better, make it good. tell him to have a fight some night. Use ether to sleep him and then dress it like a girl and post the pics.

grunt_408 says thanks.
  18. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    if you don't have laws against it is it ok to fight fire with fire? maybe even check for other possible laws and do it heavy handed

photoshop

grunt_408 says thanks.
  19. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Dont waste your time speaking with the school. They dont want to get involved, and cant due to law and data protection etc. Go to the police. Get in thelocal papers.Hold your family head high, shame the other's.

But you DO need proof or you could get sued for defamation.

grunt_408 says thanks.
  20. Greenmousa

Greenmousa

Thanks Received:
    Oh god you guys are being serious??? XD slap the kid across the face when no one it's watching, he won't have proof either

Are we talking about grade school kids?? what are they 12, 14?? they're kids! and kids mess with eachother, i don't think this is such a big deal...i mean, parents aren't mature enough to put an end to that kind of things?? Man something is so wrong over there....

grunt_408 and MT Alex say thanks.
  21. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly. Get a laywer and sue the crap out of this kids parents. I'm being completely serious. Do it sooner before this kid ruins your name for life.

grunt_408 says thanks.
  22. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    You might want to start a thread on this on www.generalnonsense.net where it will be more appropriate. It's also less strictly moderated there, so you can bash out posts and ideas that would get this thread shut down.

Hope you win this; I detest bullies too. :nutkick:

grunt_408 says thanks.
  23. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    My family would probably say he needs a good, maybe slightly intimidating talking-to. I think he should be put on the spot in court. Nothing like having to admit wrong doing in front of a room full of people. Children usually are horrible liars.

I'm not in PETA but that's pretty disgusting

grunt_408 says thanks.
  24. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Some members posting in this thread that belong there. Keep it serious people. (I'm looking at you LittleLizard, no more.)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    grunt_408 says thanks.
  25. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Sure. But having two threads on the go might help him out even more, as you'll get different people replying and therefore more viewpoints. :)

I certainly didn't intend to suggest that this one be shut down.

grunt_408 says thanks.