1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best wireless keyboard/mouse? Recommendations to make my HTPC better?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by B1gg3stN00b, Jan 10, 2009.

1. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am finishing up the conversion of this free PC into a media/HT PC.

I've found a case that can handle my 8800GTS and still be cool and quiet, I've found a new motherboard/cool running processor to use (AMD 5050E/780 chipset), I've even been doing research on a remote starter, which likely won't happen as this comp will run 99.9% of the time.

I've got the new case and hard drive (640GB SE16 WD, going to triple boot XP/Vista/Ubuntu once I get my new board). I'll likely leave the videocard as the rare times I do play demanding games I can live with 4x AA.

But now I've got to find a solution to the cabling dilemma...

The monitor/case can sit across the room from my chair/bed, and I want a good mouse/keyboard that can be used wirelessly, cheaply, and not have any sort of delay.

So recommendations to further my project?

2. Stephen New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have and really like the Logitech LX310 mouse and keyboard set. Battery life is meant to be 6 months, don't know if that's true but I've had mine since xmas and it's still... working lol

+ it's a laser mouse so you can use it on pretty much anything

3. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah but is there any sort of delay on typing or anything? I've heard lots of bad things about wireless keyboards and a delay from pressing the key to the letter typing etc.

4. Stephen New Member

Thanks Received:
    If there is a delay it's too short for me to be able to see!

5. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
  6. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    I have a Logitech LX710 set that I am testing now! I would let it go for $45 shipped man! Great set, laser mouse, and the batteries last quite some time I might add LOL.
    HERE is a link to the main Logitech page, and you can google the set, there are a ton of reviews, and sites that show this set!

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I've been using the Logitech S510 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo for over a year. I use them every day, signal is strong, operation has been perfect. Really what impresses me most is battery life, I use them every day, I game a lot (which the mouse is pretty good for, it's got decent sensetivity to it, works great), and the batteries last months. I believe it's 2-3 AAA's for the Keyboard and 2AA's for the Mouse. I've replaced the batteries in the KB once and 3 times in the mouse since I got them last xmas. I still am on the same packages of batteries I also got (8 packs iirc) got to use with them lol!

Edit: Last I checked it was still running 40-50 for this combo...here's the link to the logitech site: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/145&cl=us,en

8. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
  9. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sweet! Thanks for this. I really never liked Logitech products but I guess they make the best stuff out there for what I need. I guess I'm giving them another shot!

10. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I've had this keyboard since when it first came out. Payed $100 for it at the time via Logitech's website. I really love the keyboard. I don't use the mouse since I only bought it for the "media" features. Was easy to use, and set up my buttons for anything I wanted!

Plus.. I haven't changed my batteries yet!