1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Best/Worst Computer on TPU Competition

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Joshmcmillan, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    That's great and all, but what about the people that do that with top end hardware as well? Just because they can afford the top end, doesn't mean they don't put the same care and attention into their rigs. I'm sorry, but a maxed out 980X in a custom case is a hell of a lot more impressive than somebody's maxed out Phenom in a case with the same attention to detail.

That's like saying somebody's modified 500HP tricked out STI is more impressive than a tricked out and modified Ferrari making 1000HP.
  2. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    While I can definitely agree with you, the issue is people who buy Ferrari's don't trick them out. In the same parallel, most people who own the 980X and stuff like it just throw money at it as if to say, "Hey look, I have the best because I have the most money." and that is not as impressive to me as guy making the most of his money. So yeah, a guy with a STI that started at 260 HP (just an example) get 600 HP out if is more impressive than a 1000HP Ferrari getting 1025HP.

This bizarre discussion just proves that even computer tech have "status symbol" parts. *cough* Level 10 *cough*.
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i'ma dial my i9 to eleventy and pwn joo!
  4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I admit, I'm biased. I generally only buy top end. But I save up to do it, and only do it every couple of gens. I at least get a couple years out of them. I also push them tho. No "look at my stock $1000 cpu" to be seen here.

And I am also the type that if I could afford a Ferrari, I would modify the shit out of it. If it's a V8 like a 430, twin turbo here we come. If it's a 12, quad turbo.

I'd also buy a Veyron just to modify. But that's just the kind of guy I am.

MORE POWA!!!!!!!

Now, I would love to have a Level 10 case, but I would never pay $600 for it. That case is worth $200 to me tho.