• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bethesda Softworks Announces The Elder Scrolls Online

System Name Grond
Processor Ryen 5 3600x PBO ~ 4.4GHz / fabric at 1900
Motherboard MSI b550 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm CPU w/ am4 mounting bracket+ 2 RX360 radiator + xspc Razor R9-290 w/ backplate
Memory 32gb Crucial Ballistix @ 3800
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 w/ XSPC Razor full cover block and backplate
Storage WD SN850 1tb-OS, SN750 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, WD blue hdd 4tb
Display(s) Samsung 23" 120hz 3d LCD w/ 3d glasses, using 'lightboost' trick
Case NZXT H630 white watercooling case
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek ALC 1200+ Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply XFX Pro 850 XXX semi-modular
Mouse Logitech G703 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries 6 v2
Software Windows 10 Pro (Had some mystery error on Win7 and decided to go W10)
Your assessment is kind of ridiculous. Patch 1.2 was a huge deal for SWTOR, it was the first major content patch, and featured a lot of new content. They have also done a lot in the past couple weeks to get people more interested in the game. The 30 Free Days also required you to buy 1 Month of game time, meaning it was a BOGO kind of offer that meant people had no reason not to pay roughly $7.49 per month, I even considered re-activating.

SWTOR is probably still the second largest MMO out there in terms of active paying players. I'm sure there are a lot of F2P MMO's with more accounts, but they definitely aren't making nearly as much money as SWTOR is, and aren't nearly as good of games as SWTOR is. There's also the die-hard SW fans that really like SWTOR and want to keep supporting it because they trust the IP, and love the idea of a SW MMO (SWG sucked anyway).

TES doesn't really have that, even the people that love TES to death are panning this thing. They took a game and game design that everyone loved, removed most of the iconic elements, and are now making that husk of a game into an MMO, with features most people don't want, and almost none of the features they do want. TES has a ton of Lore, but most people don't give a shit about it. I loved Skyrim, but I couldn't really care less what the story was, and even more so what the mythology was.

I am subscribed to SWTOR until July. I bought a 6 month sub because I am both a diehard Star Wars fan, and an old school Bioware fan. This being a game set in the Old Republic was awesome, because I loved the original Xbox game.
That being said, I play the game.
Yet that didn't stop me from cancelling my auto-renew. And I am also currently thinking about getting a refund for the the next 60 days of gametime. The game isn't that good, and the servers are empty.

I saw the initial surge of people re-logging to check out 1.2 and the Rakghoul Plague event.
I also saw a huge dropoff in player activity soon after, because 1.2 didn't magically fix the game.
Many, many servers are basically dead during prime time. When you cannot find a group to play with in an MMO, there is something seriously wrong.
This game isn't even an MMO right now, most servers are empty, basically a single player RPG that you are paying a sub for.
It is still buggy, they devs are still not communicating with the players.

EA did the same thing with Warhammer Online (another game I subscribed to) and SWTOR is playing out exactly the same.

Rushed buggy game wiith high initial sales, massive subscription bleedoff after the 1,3,6 month pre-paid subs run out and then limping along on life support.
We've seen the 1 and 3 month pattern emerge, now we just need to wait for the 6 month mark, or 7th because they game most of the player base 30 days of free game time.

Sorry if this is off topic, supposed to be the Elder Scrolls Online.
I don't really hop from MMO to MMO, but Elder Scrolls is another of my favorite game settings and I would be down to join you guys in your anti-guild guild. :)
I will warn you ahead of time though, that SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS!, and all elves will feel the bit of my axe!

Last edited: