1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bethesda to unveil an MMO called "Elder Scrolls Online" some time in May

Discussion in 'Games' started by Black Panther, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I know it's all speculation, Kurgan, and you are right that without it there would be no posts in many of the threads on TPU. :laugh:
    It just seems that lately a lot of people immediately jumps on the pessimistic bandwagon instead of thinking, "Hey ... if they do it well it could be awesome." I like to give games the benefit of the doubt until they prove to be giant turds.

As far as the end of SP games if an MMO comes out, it does not have to be that way at all and would be a bad move for Bethesda. All they have to do is keep releasing SP areas of Tamriel before adding them to the MMO and they win the hearts of both the SP afficianados and later the MMO players. Since the time frame of the MMO is 1000 years before the SP games, they still have ample opportunity to make both.

There is enough Tamriel lore that they could probably make ES games for the next 1000 years without duplicating anything. :D

2. Depth

Thanks Received:
    Why is everything turning MMO these days...

The Elder Scrolls VI: Valenwood, please

3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Because people like MMOs as can be attested to by the 10s of millions of people that play them regularly.

The Elder Scrolls VI : Black Marsh, please

4. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-cover-revealed-the-elder-scrolls-online.aspx

[​IMG]

5. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
  6. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I have been thinking about this since 2004 when MMOs first became seriously popular to the mainstream: Imagine the gameplay of Zelda: OOT or similar adventure games in a MMO.

I am kinda sick of all the current MMOs having this insanely boring auto-battle system where you stare at the screen and wait for something to happen.

7. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    In WoW i push buttons nonstop...