1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF2 High Ping

Discussion in 'Games' started by vivalv1000, Sep 20, 2006.

1. vivalv1000

vivalv1000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have been playing BF2 for awhile now with no major problems, once in awhile the ping went up a little bit but not excessive. Lately the ping has been even higher, when I join a squad or command the ping goes too high to play:eek: This just started about a week ago, about the same time I updated all of the Nvidia drivers and the latest 1.4 patch. I ran the network diagnostics, spyware checker, virus scan, defragged, updated Punbuster/GameSpy, etc. with no luck:banghead: I have plenty of system cooling, no heat problems. Some suggested turning down certain settings like sound quality, shadowing/lighting, this didn’t have any affect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

System information:

Cable; 1Mb uplink / 10Mb downlink; Linksys wired router.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  2. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    it might be the amount of people on it because if there is alot of people on cable in your srounding area it will slow down
  3. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    True, Cox Communications is the main cable provider here, and many people have it. If a lot of people are on in the same area as you, and they're using it heavily, it begins to slow down.
  4. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    try cfosspeed...
  5. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    You like advertise them don't you?
  6. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    No fighting guys :). Try restarting your router/modem. I usually do that when my internet gets funky...and if you have DynDNS make sure to update that. I seriously doubt it's a hardware or software issue, more like a network issue. Also, try not to play when everyone in your neighborhood is trying to access the internet...your internet will slow down lol. Which is one of the many reasons I buy DSL.
  7. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Alot of times it's on the servers end. If I get a good server in UT2004, I go as low as 20 ping, but if I get a bad one, I can go as high as 500.
  8. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    nothing wrong telling you something that works great. for me, it drop most of my pings 33% in most of my fps and almosted doubled my torrenting speed...now its around 500kbs. i found this program as a much (and i mean much) cheaper alternative than that killernic!
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  9. vivalv1000

vivalv1000 New Member

Thanks Received:

I did the restart thing, even updated Punkbuster/GameSpy. I think it is a network issue as well. I called the cable folks and they said I was running at 1.1 uplink/10.1 downlink and they didn't see any problems. I have tried playing at different times of the day with no luck. Just as soon as I join a squad or command (no matter how many people are in the game or where the server is located) my Ping shoots way up:banghead:
  10. vivalv1000

vivalv1000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is this a good program if you have cable or is it mostley for DSL or if you are using your phone service through your provider?
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006