1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF2 Patch 1.4 Problems: Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Games' started by HookeyStreet, Sep 10, 2006.

1. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Is anyone else getting problems with BF2 after installing the 1.4 patch? Im getting strange black shapes (like textures & colours are missing - mainly green) and when I press the ESC button it now totally exits the game instead of going to the BF2 menu screen!

Everything was running fine before I installed the *ucking patch...........damn EA!!! :mad:

2. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    well im not getting those problems but some times when i click on spotted it don't work till i pick something besides just spotted like go go go and knives don't work right anymore

3. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I personally have a problem where if someone spots something, it DOES NOT show up on my map AT ALL, so if I'm in a fighter jet, and someone spots the enemy jet for me, I have no idea where it actually is...

4. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That sort of thing sometimes happens for me, but it did with 1.3 too.

I'd recommend trying the reinstall the game and patch for that menu texture thing. After that move on to using drivercleaner to remove drivers and install the latest ones...

5. vivalv1000

vivalv1000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dang Patches.....

I'm not experiencing those problems, however every since I installed the patch my Ping goes through the roof when I join a squad or command (see my BF2 High Ping review). Anyway, I would try reinstalling drivers, adjusting overclocking settings, etc., maybe try reinstalling the game/patch, you never know. I know when I first installed my 2 x 7900GT cards I had to underclock then overclock for things to work right, took me awhile to figure it out:wtf: