• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF2142 problems? Post them here!

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Processor R7 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI x570 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Edge,EK QS P420M,EK D5pwm Revo Res
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RT 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Zotac 3070ti Amp Extreme
Storage Samsung 980pro 1tb x2
Display(s) MSI MPG321QRF QD
Case Corsair 7000D
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse G900
Keyboard Corsair k60 RGB PRO
Software Win 11
the damn game still wont connect most of the time, it brings up a server list then when i try to join one it says could not connect check your network.trying this on 2 completely different machines (connected to same router) also when in the server screen no other pc (have 3 connected to 4 port WIRED router) can access the internet
its not a network issue as i can have 4 players(when a pal brings his pc to my house) running smoothly in bf2, hl2, fear, quake4, cod2 etc
i found the port forwarding guide and my damn router dosent seem to have room for that many exceptions (even though it was supposed to be a guide for MY router!!) however i dont beleive its this anyway as when it lets me connect both can run at same time smoothly (all 3 could on the demo, havent bought a 3rd copy, and certainly wont till i resolve connection issues)

KILLER HANGOVER TOO

Sithchaz

dogtags are for showing how many knife kills you've made so far, because they aren't that easy to get.

Harms

Setting problem

Hey out there

I could really use some inout on a problem I have:

When I edit settings (video and sound) in BF2142, they keep resetting to standard upon restart

I haven't seen this problem described anywhere, so now im spilling my soar tears here :)

Im running the game on a brand new computer on winXP had the same problem with my old computer.

It kind of feels like a missing "Apply button" but there isn't supposed to be one.

I've tried reinstalling with no luck.

Any ideas on how to fix this Settings resetting problem?

SlickVic

i still need help with the lag problem. will it lag randomly becuase of ram if before it ran fine?? even if i run the game low and 800x600 res it still lags. but only online. its not my connection. theres a bug or something cuz on one player it runs perfect on mediuem. plz someone help

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Ok,..when I hear "lag"I think of network lag,...is your internet connection up to par?Have you checked your internet speed lately?
Also it is VERY important to turn OFF the temp.monitor in ATI TOOL,if you use that.It will cause a lot of lag in some games.

SlickVic

hey, i got a 6m connection but i use nividia card. i dont kno that much about pc but when u mean ATI do u mean the grafic?

i kno its not my connection speed cuz i have checked it and its good, i have 1 gig of ram but before the game ran just fine in meduim. it still runs fine, the only thing is that it gets a single lag every like minutue or so. its so wierd. i cant find the cause. i tryed lowering all the settings and nothing, still runs fine but then the random lag. i tryed playing in 1 player and the game runs fine,, so i dont if its soemting to do with online.

TangoFish

Processor AMD 64 3200+ Venice @ 2.55GHZ
Motherboard Asus A8N-E
Cooling Akasa Evo33
Memory 2GB Corsair DDR400 2.5-3-3-8
Video Card(s) Radeon X1900XT 512mb @ 675/1566
Storage 200GB Maxtor + 300GB Maxtor
Display(s) Dell 19" CRT
Case Akasa Eclipse 62
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Audigy2
Power Supply Seisonic S12 500w
Software XP
EA sucks yet BF2142 rocks. How can this be. I am torn. They are EVIL>>>>

Last edited:

CaligulaCeasar

I have the EXACT same problem, I thought it was Alcohol 120% on my system, but after I removed that application, I still have the problem. The strange thing is, that one would think that the system would see the disc in the drive, but according to the system, there's nothing in the drive. I even plugged in an external DVD-CDRW drive and tried both 1394 and USB 2.0, the system still refused to acknowledge the disc. And I've never run that drive with this DVD before either. My internal drive is a Pioneer 110 DVDRW, my external is a TEAC. I ran a normal DVD to check to make sure the drive was still reading other DVD's, so I dropped in my girlfriends copy of Memoirs of Geisha, and it came up no problem.

It appears as though there is something on this disc that has been identified with the system not to recognize it. Did you guys have Alcohol 120% or some other Disc Image app on your systems? It leads me to believe that there may be some type of copy protection on the disc which is causing this error.

What baffles me is why would the game run 2 or 3 times and then fail?

Please keep this thread updated, I may have to contact EA tomorrow to see if I can get somewhere unless someone else has any ideas.

:confused:

Hello all....

I am new to this forum....

I had the exact same problem all weekend... however I bought the game when it came out... and I have not had a problem (well... major problem) until now...

there is also another member in our clan who is having the same problem... but he is not fixed yet...

I was not able to run the game at all.... same problem...."Please ensure Battlefeild 2142 Install Disc is in drive,select ok and restart application"

My clanmate found this thread and I looked at it.... I put my game in the drive to make sure that the error message was the same... and the game ran?!?!?!?!.... no problem.

I am sure that it was the same error message....

The only thing that I did between the weekend and today was I ran a full anti-virus and spyware to remove all the nasties (if any) from my pc which I do on a regular basis. However I dont think that it would have anything to do with the game being able to be read or not. I also installed some CAD software today (this also has nothing to do with the problem). just letting you know everything I did since the weekend.

I have both Alcohol 120% and Daemon tools installed.... I was just about to uninstall them before I read this thread and my game started working... so it is not that either....

I guess I was just lucky...

try running the game again...

~~Ceasar~~

Dizzy

Processor Core 2 Duo X6800 @ 3.4 gHz
Motherboard nVidia nForce 680i
Cooling Tuniq Tower
Memory 2GB Mushkin XP2-8500 DDR2
Video Card(s) 8800 GTX
Storage 2 x 160gb Western Digital in Raid 0
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Software Windows XP
Can't get it to run. And I don't mean the d9dx9.29.dll problem.. it crashes as soon as I start it with

"BF2142.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. And on the bottem it says ( Send Error Report or Don't send)

Error signature
AppName: bf2142.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: renddx9.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 017310"

I've tried updating DX (I already had the last version), putting the d9dx9.29.dll file in its folder and reinstalling. Some other people seem to have the same problem.
Any ideas?

Having the same problem... let me know if you fix it!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

i have a problem,when i go into a game PB keeps kicking me with this error-

PB:important restriction:inadequate o/s privileges.

i am running vista home premium.

Namslas90

i have a problem,when i go into a game PB keeps kicking me with this error-

PB:important restriction:inadequate o/s privileges.

i am running vista home premium.

Sorry about this, but I have to.

"Welcome to Windows Vista, your gaming now sucks"

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Vista strikes again.

D

Deleted member 24505

actually,i sorted it.i just right click the exe and run as administrator.also all my games work fine on vista,i have not found anything that wont work yet.2142 runs absolutly fine,even tho' my card is running stock until i flash my gfx oc's to the bios,so it runs oc in vista.

games performance in vista is as good as it was in xp pro,and my machine is quite upto telling the differance.

SlickVic

hey, i havent played bf in months, i have this problem that it lags every min. i didnt have this problem before. its random started to do it only online. i dont think its my network. i have 6mg speed and in first player works fine. any ideas

Weird.. this game stutters so much, dammit! It takes 10 years to load sometimes O_O WTF?

EDIT: Even on minimal settings...

fafa21

Processor Intel core 2quad q9650 @3.6 ghz
Motherboard asus x38 p5e
Cooling 7 fans
Memory 6gb 1X1 gb ozc and 2X2 gb gskills 1066mhz
Video Card(s) powercolor hd 6870 1gb 256-bit GDDR5
Storage 1t seagate barracuda and one 300 gb velociraptor and 250 GB wd caviar for backups
Display(s) ultrasharp dell 22 inchs
Case antec 900
Audio Device(s) x-plosion 7.1 cinema.
Power Supply extreme rosewill 750 watts
Software triple boot windows xp pro 32bit and vista home premium 64bit and windows 7 premuim
Benchmark Scores 4330 in 3dmark 11
Now I am having a new problem. I can only play for like 2 min before punk buster kicks me off! I have the game patched, and I dont cheat or hack, so what gives?

this used to hapen to me 2 you need to run the game as the adminastrator so punk buster wont kick you of so just right click the bf2142 icon and hit run as adminastrator

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
hey, i havent played bf in months, i have this problem that it lags every min. i didnt have this problem before. its random started to do it only online. i dont think its my network. i have 6mg speed and in first player works fine. any ideas

like casheti said
SYSTEM SPECS pls :)

System Name My Current Desktop
Processor i9 12900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6400 F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 FE
Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2716DGR 27" TN 1440p
Case Fractal Design Torrent White
Audio Device(s) Schiit Bifrost2
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Keychron Q6 (brown)
Software Win 11 Pro
i keep getting "please ensure Battlefield 2142 Install Disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application. " error. i own a legal copy and have 1.20 patch installed, i tried razor1911 no-dvd patch since i like the game to be no-cd'd anyway but it wont connect to the internet with the patch. what should i do?!?!?!

Ion Raptor

ok, here we go. The game has been running fine ever since I got it, but yesterday it started to not even launch the game. Saying that I wasn't logged into EA link(when I was). Yes i did use the online downloader and i have tried running ad-aware and reinstalling EA Link to no avail.

I looked through the thread and didn't see another problem like this one, but sorry if this has been covered before.