1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF3 and origin?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mediasorcerer, Oct 28, 2011.

1. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    ive never come across origin b4 in all my years of gaming[heard of but never used etc],today is the first time,boy,what a hurdle to jump thru just to play a damn game!!,it didnt bode well when my usual online username "mediasorcerer" was TAKEN TOO!!!arrrrgh---

so is this right,to launch and play bf3,it has to be done thru your browser with a plugin??,[youve got to be kidding me]

whatever happened to the good ole days,when you just put the disc in and bang,playing??
    is it necessary to install this origin stuff to play?? damn this bugs me,sorry,steam is bad enuf,but this,im fuming !!!!!!!!!killed my enjoyment now,thanx a lot bf3,it never used to be like this,and the game is one big usa foreign policy- pr exercise too not like bf2,

forgive my winge please,frustrating very!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In a few years from now, you'll need a webcam to perform a special Yoga asana to unlock the game.

3. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:

haha yeh.whats it called-salute to the dog? no thats not it,wondering when iris scan and fingerprints are the next step,sorry but it was so frustrating ,never experienced that before,ohwell,guess i just have to get over it and enjoy the game,im presuming you cant play it without origin installed? no way around it?

4. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I believe it....did you see Mass effect 3 is asking for a urine sample before any multi-play time is permitted? http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

5. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    bastard!!!

6. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As much as I want others to be able to enjoy the read I must say what is needed here....

And that's this: Well played sir, well played indeed!:respect:

7. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Origin was previously known as EA Download Manager. EA is trying to ramthroat Origin in everyone because they failed to succeed at doing so with EADM.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. theeldest

theeldest

Thanks Received:
    It may seem silly but I'm pretty sure the web interface is to get you using Battlelog often. Makes everything more social so you're more likely to keep playing and paying for DLC.

Actually loads into BF3 faster than using the in-game server browser that BF2 came with. BF2 still takes forever to load. Even on my system. Ridiculous.

9. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    I agree.

Battlelog is a bit silly but honestly, it grows on you after a bit... At first it seems like the dumbest thing ever done to a game but as far as multiplayer goes, it is a breeze. Loads into games pretty fast and the comstation thing is kinda cool, seeing which is your friends is on and joining them is very easy.

10. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    In a way I like Origin. It poses competition to Steam. Steam started out as an exclusive digital distribution and DRM platform for Valve's games, but then its store opened up to games from other publishers.

Origin's store, in the future, could stock games from other publishers, too.

So now, since it's is a much smaller publisher than EA, Valve will be forced to wake up its game development team, so even if its profits from Steam deplete, it has game development to fall back on. Moar Half Life.

BondExtreme and digibucc say thanks.
  11. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, no kidding. It's been so long I had forgotten about HL3 until you brought it up. Sheesh, give us a game, already. It's starting to dip into the Duke Nukem gameplan.

12. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Origin as a service is still in its infancy. They signed 3 publishers to distribute their games through Origin today. Capcom, Warner Bros and THQ. There are things that need to be ironed out, but Origin should be alright.

I'm still going to buy all of my non-EA games I care about through Steam though.

13. mwlucky New Member

Thanks Received:
    It seems to be a good system they just need to work out the bugs i think steam may even go that way in the future.

14. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    does this mean tho[origin],no internet,no gaming?

yeh he got me with the rr, haha,only just tho.

should be the tpu initiation ceremony.

15. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I feel similarly about those things as you do.

As to the single player being a pile of 'Team America, Fuck Yeah' crap.....just dont play it. you aint missing out on much as it is every bit as bland and as boring as CoD.

As for the Origin thing.....yes...this is a right bugger.

I console myself by knowing that BF3 is the one and only game I will ever play through Origin. If EA ever release a game that i really want to play, then I will simply turn to my friends at Skidrow/Reloaded/Razor etc. No unnecessary DRM has been my PC game buying rule for years now, although I have still unwittingly bought the odd game that made me go through Steam.

16. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I just don't like how Origin is now. Personnally, I wish Origin worked like Steam

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Origin isn't ready for prime time. I've found a few issues already with links which just don't work. The most annoying of which is the "forgotten password" button on their login page for UK people. They add a (uk) part to the link which doesn't exist.

I'm O.K. with competition with steam (as if d2d, gog, greenmangaming, stardock etc didn't exist already as competition) but if they do want to compete they must compete with something that works. I suspect BF3 will be my only origin game.

**edit**

After further trying to use origin I notice I have to untick the "start origin when windows starts" box twice on two seperate pages. That smacks of poor testing for usability. Also to install BF3 from disk I had to click on a "download" button. Again counter intuitive.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  18. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I've decided not to bother with BF3, i don't like origin, and i don't like the stupid battlelog, so EA can kiss my fat one.

AsRock says thanks.
  19. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    likewise

20. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Accept? No shit Sherlock.

digibucc, Damn_Smooth and BUCK NASTY say thanks.
  21. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Its ok there are enough Sheeple who will buy it.

22. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Good, more bandwidth for us :)

Crusader and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I just don't like ads thrown in my face by it. So to me it's just a way for them make extra money by forcing you to have it.

24. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Same here. I can live with steam, but no way will I launch my game through a freaking browser.

25. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Ea just seem to get more and more retarded as time goes by.

Mr McC says thanks.