1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF3 - Resolution Issue - Black Outline

Discussion in 'Games' started by BondExtreme, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    I recently performed a new install of Windows 8 Pro. My drivers are updated including graphics. Now what happens when I join a game in Battlefield 3 is this terrible black outline is shown on the screen. I uploaded an image and just see visually see better I put red in initially where it would have black on the outline of the screen. As you can see my resolution settings are fine. I have a 1920x1080 resolution so I don't understand what the problem is. I have fiddled with the different Hertz options but those don't seem to help. Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

• adad.jpg
      adad.jpg
      File size:
      108.7 KB
      Views:
  2. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    maybe try right-clicking the BF3 icon/shortcut, and disabling Scaling for High DPI setting's, or Maybe windows Composition, Also try Changing the windows theme , like with the "mouse fix" problem. Good luck.

3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Set your display to 1:1 pixel mapping mode (which is "Fit" on your I-inc), then go to your CCC control panel and check the Scaling box (My Digital Flat Panels), then adjust screen size with the slider.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Looks like you're using HDMI and scaling setting need adjusting in CCC, as Frag said.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    I asked my friend about this who is also on Windows 8. He tells me that BF3 constantly crashes on him and says that he thinks it is not optimized for Windows 8 yet :/