1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF3 Spot/Comm Rose, Steady Scope Issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by cmaxvt, Jul 12, 2012.

1. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    So I am very used to fast paced sniping on BC2 ala Enigma. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blp_ol4nvDg

In BF3 they have sort of ruined that. You have to use steady scope, which takes a moment. Fine.. I can live with that.

My problem is I can't find anywhere to bind the steady scope key. I've been using Shift (which is also my run key) but then I can't crouch (CTRL) and steady scope at teh same time (my pinky isn't my thumb).

The only acceptable button I can find to use for this without completely throwing my game off is my spot button (which I bind to E). The problem is.. when you hold down spot, you get the communication rose. This doesn't allow you to fire. Has anyone found a way to seperate these commands so I can use spot and steady scope at the same time? That is the only way I am going to be able to enjoy sniping again =(
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I saw this, I guess I'll xpost it over there. I almost posted it but swapped it just cuz I thought it'd get buried over there =D
  4. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I dont see how jumping air headshots should be in the game in the first place. a sniper is some one who recons a area and takes patient and well aimed shots not jumps around like tigger from winnie the pooh and randomly takes shots.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    That's fine.. I am coming from a counter strike background and I don't disagree with you but at least in BC2 you can quick scope and shoot people. Either way, I don't mind the steady scope, I just dislike that I can't map it to my spot key.
  6. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    You can still quick scope as in BC2 from what I have been doing. Just by pressing RMB, shift, LMB all in order very fast.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Oh I can quick scope still I guess.. and I was no scoping last night pretty well. I guess my real gripe here is just not being able to find a comfortable button to bind my steady scope to. if I could just hold down my spot key and have it steady scope without that comm rose coming up I'd be all set =P