1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BFG ES-800 VS Corsair TX850 VS Corsair TX750

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by [AK]Zip, Jan 10, 2009.

1. [AK]Zip

[AK]Zip New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am having a really hard time deciding on a new power supply since my old OCZ gave out. Based on my needs and price I have narrowed it down to 3.

BFG ES-800 = $109.99 after $30 rebate - lifetime warranty
    Corsair TX850 = $119.99 after $20 rebate - 5 year warranty (Click here for 2nd review)
    Corsair TX750 = $109.99 after $20 rebate - 5 year warranty (Click here for 2nd review)

For each power supply I listed the price on NewEgg along with warranty info and a link to where the power supply was actually tested. Each has its ups and downs, but the hard part is what to choose?

Any and all suggestions are welcome as to which to choose. Just make sure to include why you chose the one you did.

Also, if you can find a lower price on any one of those please post a link! :)

I will be ordering on Monday so I need to make up my mind.

Thanks,
    Alex

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    BFG is ToPower, Corsair is Seasonic. I would grab the Corsair 750w tho, its really popular amongst gamers.

3. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    To be honest out all of those are excellent psu's and there's no wrong choice here. One thing I would recommend though, is looking into something modular. I have a TX750 and the only qualm with it is that I have nowhere to put the extra cables

4. [AK]Zip

[AK]Zip New Member

Thanks Received:
    In my case that I have now the power supply is at the bottom of the case and I have plenty of room to hide tons of wires so no problem there.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  5. nafets New Member

Thanks Received:
    It can be tough to pick and choose within a group of quality PSU's like that (within the same price range too).

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

To nitpick more make sure that your choice (compared to the rest);

1. Has the highest efficiency at your estimated load (gaming) usage, and at idle (if possible).
    2. Has the maximum number of included cables for your needs (multi-GPU, hdds, optical, etc...).
    3. Has cable lengths that are sufficient for extended routing to your motherboard.
    4. Has the lowest operating temperatures and fan noise (if these two things concern you).

You might get all of these things in your choice, or only a few. Comparing the above things can easily help narrow down your choice. Good luck.

6. BloodTotal

BloodTotal

Thanks Received:
    I had to face the same decision as you

I did a lot of reasearch, I will make it easy for you

choose BFG 800W

-------

btw shadowfold's post is wrong, pm me shadowfold if you don't think so

--------------

pm me if you need to get more facts about the PSUs