1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BFG Tech GeForce 7300GT

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by MohawkAngel, Jan 22, 2009.

1. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    What can you tell me sincerly about this Videocard that i bought . Opinions and technical things will be greatly appreciated ...like overclocking etc.

Thx !!!
  2. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Why did you buy it? I can say that it really wont be good for games at all. You might be able to OC it but not good enough. The only plus side to the card is that it hardly takes any power.
  3. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    did that version uses DDR3 or DDR2??

even if uses DDR2 it will outperform almost any onboard video, you'll be able to run many games at descent speed at 800X600 or 1024X768 with low settings.

If it uses DDR3 will perform as good as a 7600GS, again, will run many games at descent fps at mow-mid settings.

also you'll be able to play (if you're interested in emulation) N64 and PSOne games and if you has a good CPU even Gamecube games using Dolphin emulator.

OCking that vga should be no problem if it comes with an active cooler, if it comes with a passive cooler I only recommend you to OC only a couple of MHz or you'll be experience overheating issues.
  4. frankie827 New Member

Thanks Received:
    to be honest....if you're gaming...the card is horrible

but for casual use ie. internet surfing, e-mail, office work....the card is just fine
  5. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    not too horrible, the card performs poorly indeed, but I can played some games when I had my Zogis 7300GT DDR2 version at descent speed, at that time I didn't care about how much the graphics improved when the filters are applied and if I could play X game (doesn't matter if It was at low res with low settings) I was happy. Maybe He's on that path.
  6. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol

You should of seeked the help of Tech Power Up if you were unsure about the card before purchase.

The card came out about 4 years ago and was one of the slowest cards on the market on release 4 years ago!

No point overclocking it, it will not improve performance, return the card and we will advise you on a suitable card.

Is this card for gaming, dvd watching?
  7. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I played many of my games with an old pci geforce 5500FX so my games would ne great with this vga card. I'm not a game freak i still play call of duty 2 :p I bought it new 55$ Canadian tax included with DVI to VGA adaptor but now i use a DVI cable to plug it on my LG W2242TQ screen. I listen movies , internet surfing, some gaming, pictures, and chatting of course. It is a DDR2 512megs ...heres the link.
    http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr73512gtec.aspx
  8. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    Basically return the card.

Even if gaming wasn't your passion I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. What is your full system specification, CPU, RAM, motherboard, PCI/PCI-E/AGP? etc. Is there any applications or games that you are wiling to use in particular in the not too distant future?

Would you be willing to give us a budget so we can recommend you a decent card?
  9. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll be happy with it.

since the card comes active cooled you can OC the core, you should be able to raise it 50MHz or a little more, since the RAMs has any cooling don't push it too far, or you can buy ramsinks and you can OC a little more.

EDIT: I reached 500 posts :D
  10. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Well it is a good card for work, surfing, but for gaming, it is a failure.
  11. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Its not a bad card it can play crysis at 800x600 at low and most other games but it will lag.

By bad card, I'm comparing it to integrated intel graphics.
  12. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    Well not extreme lag, I know someone who completed crysis using a 7300GS and Yeah for the same monies he could have got a better card.
  13. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wont exchange that its ok for me. I have a Asus m2v-tvm motherboard, AMD Athlon X2 4600+2.4gigs "Brisbane" 2 X 1gig ddr667 kingston value ram, onboard realtek sound, onboard realtek lan and onboard Via Deltachrome9 HC IGP. Western digital SATA 250gigs hard drive,LG cd-dvd burner. The real basic thing for a low budget. I will just put a PCI TV adapter to put the TV cable in my computer. I dont own a TV i use my computer as fun-work-media low budget center.
    For those who invest a lot you surely have a big job or you have too much money to waste :p
  14. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I like using my pc as tv since the "cable" sucks shit and I can't choose what I want to watch.
  15. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    Can you post your GPU-Z please
  16. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks Received:
    It will probably play every single game @ 800x600 with extreme lag.

The bottm line is for $55 he could get a much better card, $70 can get you a ATI 4670 which can play probably just about any game respectably well.

Edit:

Heck 9500 GT can be had for under $50 and would smoke the 7300 GT

MohawkAngel, what is your full specification?

Edit 2:

Seriously though.

$99 for a graphics card which will last 2 years is not a lot of money, some people here are buying graphics card for $400 (not needed)

Your system isn't that bad, if you invest $70 on a ATI 4670 you'll be able to play todays games at medium/high settings, $99 can get you a card that will last a year on high settings and another year at medium settings, at a resolution of about @1850x1050

The 7300 GT isn't even a media centre worthy , it can not play HD content, 720p will lag it.

The FX5500 would of performed the same under todays application, it wasn't even a slight upgrade, performance wise.

Edit 3:

Don't listen to him.

No amount of overclock will help you achieve a respectable frame rate. This card was dead 3 years ago, $55 can get you a much much better card.

Edit 4:

Perhaps, my old x1600 Pro was heavily overclocked and used to be bad at playing 720p, the video and the sound wasn't in sync, I used to hear the sound after the video, lol. This was on my current 3800+ X2 @ 2.76 GHz and 8 GBs DDR2 ram. My 9600 GT plays 720p with ease however 1020p from authentic blu-ray discs has the same sync issues.

I agree the 3450 would be better for HD content, I think ATI cards have some type of hardware onboard for HD?

Edit 5:

I told the truth, no amount of overclock will help the frame rate. Why should I lie, it was the truth :)

I'm not going to lie, $55 can buy you something better, whether he takes the advice is his business, but I'm not going to stroke his ego and lie

Edit 6:

Nah, your ok,

We just get a little passionate on this forum, CH@NO and I are fine, there is no beef or anything :)

Welcome to Tech Power Up :)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  17. frankie827 New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127390

go with this
    my friend has 2gb of ram an e7200(Stock) and this 4350 and he can play GTAIV with all the settings at medium at 1280x1024

if he can do that with this card, you should be fine for everything else

even better is that its under $55 CAD! :)

so ya...id return the 7300 and get this 4350
  18. 97sslude

97sslude New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude you could find some older high end cards (7900 series and x1900 series ) all day long on ebay for about $50-70. The 7300GT is horrible for gaming.
  19. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I don't think he wants to spend alot of money on his rig, but i feel he could have got a better deal. I still have a 7300GS in my little bro's pc and I use it to play bf2 when I have friends over and his cpu will handle 1080p video's so its not that much of an issue. However I got my 3450 for £20 which might be about $40 which is better than the 7300 plus overclocked quite well.
  20. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    HE ALREADY BUY that 7300GT, I just say what he can expect from it.

Jesus man, It's so easy to say "don't buy that piece of crap, buy instead an XXX model".
  21. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you got the extra 50$ send it to me I promess you to get this card refunded and buy the one you tell me ;) I'm student so I can't afford more and NO my parents dont pay things for me :p The old FX5500 was fried and it was PCI this 7300GT is 512megs PCI-E 16X DDR2 able to play 1080i.
  22. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    but again, yea, maybe for $55 bucks he could buy something better...but HE already buy the card and only ask for a performance advice of it. Also his past card was a FX5500, so this 7300GT will perform much better, and for the things He'll use It I think It's a good choice.

EDIT: also when I OC my 7300GT I saw a performance increase, may wasn't huge, but was a performance boost after all.
  23. MohawkAngel

MohawkAngel New Member

Thanks Received:
    I never tought i would start a fight lol
  24. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    again, you'll be fine with it, even if it is a low-end model It can be calling an upgrade from that FX5500 PCI.

I owned one, that's why I take my time to advice you.
  25. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah :toast: :D
    Darren says thanks.