1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIG BIG BIG Problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by klva80, Aug 19, 2007.

1. klva80

klva80

Thanks Received:
    hi everyone I'm in bit of trouble here i recently change my mb and while having my pc disassembled i decided to change the motor of my v card fan that was making a horrible noise and looking about to die, everything went smoothly until a fire up my pc again i was getting some minor corruption so i thought well maybe i didn't seat right the card so i pulled it off and reinserted minor corruption went away windows boot up and in middle of windows booting up some major corruption occurred and the got into windows nice so i thought its nothing but when i launched a game it hd a lot of artifacts making impossible to play so i shut down my pc take of the vid card pull away my h/f to see if it was perfectly seated the hs y cleaned up the as5 reapply and assembly it again and the puff the corruption of graphics was on
    but this time was worse but the fact is than when it boots into windows its o.k.
    until i try to play something it get a lots of artifacts i don't know what could it be any help its appreciated

my vid card its a HIS x1650xt turbo edition with iceq by artic cooling
  2. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    i am thinking u fried something or its not getting enough air or its not spinning
  3. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    CLean out your GPU drivers and re-instal, just to make sure they have not been corrupted.
    Make sure the heatsink on the card is not contacting anything it should'nt be on the card. Make sure the card tab and slot are clean. Update mobo, forceware drivers, BIOS. Check graphics settings in BIOS. Hopefully you didn't fry something.

:toast:
  4. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Run driver cleaner pro in safe mode and install latest drivers.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. LonGun

LonGun New Member

Thanks Received:
    It seems like your problem is a hardware related problem. Which I would go check on the cooling fan and other chips on the card itself, making sure no scratches especially on the memory ones. I would fly to a retail store pick up a video card and go home test it. If it has no artifacts, your old one got a problem. Then go return the new card and get my money back or decide to keep it since the old card's defected.
  6. klva80

klva80

Thanks Received:
    bad news

it seems that some how a memory module burnt ands thats the cause :banghead: :cry: so thx all you guys for your help i looking forward for a x1950pro a 7900gs ;) but thats another tread