1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIG PC Freeze and its boiling me OVER

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by rangie, Feb 15, 2008.

1. rangie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all
    Having problems with the running/stability of new PC. It installs Vista 64 Ultimate fine etc but when I try and install Mobo drivers the accompanied cd says does nt support the OS. Been to the Elitegroup donwload and note there is a fix for the PCIe Gen2 card that causes the PC to freeze and therefore the PC hangs and I have to use reset button and start over again. Have reformatted many times and set the display to 16bit as 32 bit was causing even more freezes. Trouble is though I downloaded the fix, cannot install as the inbuilt installer says driver not loaded? So, status quo and another waste of aday trying to sort this out getting nowhere.
    emailed ECS but they either don't answer or inform of their download page! Muppets

ECS A770-M
    AMD Phenom 9400 Quad Core 2.20Ghz
    4GB DDR ram
    500GB Sata x 2 (not running as raid) hard drive
    NVIDIA GEForce 7300GT
    Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate

2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ECS is a bit behind in getting the drivers released that actually work with Vista 64. Most of the problems are in the memory area. Try checking Vdim setting to match that of Ram requirements and maybe even loosen Ram timmings. If you can't get it to stabalize then get a better mobo. ECS has a history of problems with AMD cpu's.