1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bios Collection

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by SlipSlice, Jun 15, 2006.

1. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    When trying to find what bios you need to flash, do you go for what you have. Such as I have the ATI Radeon 9550. And I want to flash it the the 9600. So do I get the 9600 Bios, or do I get the samsung 5.0/4.0 bios for the ATI Radeon 9550? I have tried the one for the ATI Radeon 9550, and tried to boot it in windows, and I select force>program, and then it tells me to restart. So I restart, and nothing has changed. I don't know if I am picking the wrong Bios or what I am doing. Could somebody help me out here.
  2. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anybody?
  3. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    :mad: :mad: Thanks for the help guys, I really got a lot out of this.......................
  4. Lekamies New Member

Thanks Received:
    you must check your card's memory type an choose bios file what is made at same memory.

example:
    [​IMG]

here is picture at Samsung 2.0ns memorychip. so two last numbers tell memory speed.

30 = 3.0
    33 = 3.3
    40 = 4.0
    50 = 5.0

and manufacter is writen on chip.
  5. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, but do I get the Bios for the 9550, or the 9600, since I am trying to flash to the 9600?
  6. Lekamies New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used sapphire 9600 pro bios for my old c3d 9550.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

At start overclock your card with atitool and see how high clocks it can handle stable.

then get bios with same size and type memory what your card has.
    And suitable clocks of course!

if you use advanced download you can set own clocks at bios file "Download BIOS modified to the values above", and there is options to download bios file at image, so you can burn cd or floppyimage(image has: bootinformation, bios file and flash utility). with those its very easy flash card. but cd or floppy in drive and boot ;)

and for the drivers try use softmod drivers they worked my 9550@9600pro best.
  7. SlipSlice

SlipSlice New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, the number on my chip is 50, which is 5.0. And I have a ATI Radeon 9550, with 250/200 clocks. So what do you think would be a stable Bios file to flash it. I don't have no extra cooling or anything, and I don't want to burn it up. And when I finally do flash it, could I just flash it in Windows and restart. It looks much easier?