1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOS flash for asus ati 9550GE gone wrong

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by vladrage, Jan 30, 2009.

1. vladrage New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone!

I am a newbie in this buisness and yesterday i tried to flash the video card BIOS (Asus Ati Radeon 9550GE 128/128Bit 250/200*2) with a 9600 one. I flashed using Flasrom and everything gone well. I used flashrom -f -p -sst 0 biosname.bin. The 9600 bios had the same specs as my card's, Asus,ati 128, 250/200*2. Using ati tools i overclocket the card using find max mem and max core but i stoped at 300 mem and 250 core.
    The problem is that now allmost every game results in pc reboot that gives a blue screen saying windos has to reboot to avoid damage to hardware bla bla bla 00000008E and something about win32k.sys
    The funny thing is that i can play Call of Duty 4 for as long as i like but when i trie to load starcraft and other older games it reboots :banghead:
    P.S. I have never made a backup of my original bios:cry:

Is there anything i can do to make this right again? i tried to install other biosbut same happens pls help me
  2. mukmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    What is your model number ?
    vladrage says thanks.
  3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Where did you find a 9550?? I would just get a new card, even the onboard graphics of a 740G/780G would be better. Plus, I doubt it could play cod4 at respectable frames anyway.
  4. vladrage New Member

Thanks Received:
    The card's Serial No is : 5BC0AI243123
    Part No is : 90-C1VCT0-GUAY2Z

And i can play cod 4 with abot 30 fps that is eneough for me.....And i can't really afford a new graphics card:(
  5. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    The card comes with active or passive cooling.

I remember when I did pretty much the same as you.....my card came with passive cooling, and when I fashed it to a 9600pro the card died after a few days, the higher clocks and the heat acumulation was the reasons I thought.

Try to reinstall your OS and see what happens, other than that I suppose trying to find the original BIOS of that ancient card will be a very hard task.

Good Luck!

EDIT: dowclock the core and the mems, maybe the BOSODs you see It's due to overheating/crash of the card.
  6. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU