• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bios Flash Gone Wrong

sailoholic

I recently used NibiTor to tweak my 8800GT, I changed the fan settings so It would spin faster earlier and disabled the "extra" field and filling in my clocks for 3D, Throttle, and 2D.

Well the flash went just fine but after bootup GPU-Z, Rivatuner and the EVGA Precision software all showed the Core and Memory Clock at 0 and Shader clock was blank. I flashed the backup i made of the bios back to my 8800GT all three programs still showed the same.

The fan part seems to be ok (starts at 40% instead of 30% and kicks up to a 100% by 85 degrees). My question is how to I get my card to display the clocks again?

abdullahmk

hi my friend. i want to ask you something: how did you flash your vga? i have a Palit 9600GT Sonic graphic card. i try to update bios with nvFlash but it erased the bios but didn't install the new one. i typed the following command to dos: "nvflash newbios.rom" it erased the bios but didn't install. now my vga is biosless!! please tell me how can i install bios to my vga?
thanks for your interest

sailoholic

I'm definitely no expert on this but the command I used was "nvflash.exe -5 -6 biosname.rom"

From what I understand the -5 and -6 tell nvflash to ignore any inconsistencies, I flashed succesfully about 10 times so far and finally fixed my problem (I disabled the "extra" field with NiBiTor which is all 8800gt uses, it ignores 2d and 3d clocks)

If when you turn on your computer and it produces an image (Post etc.) then the GPU should definately have a bios otherwise you would have a blank screen. If you can try downloading a BIOS for your model card from the manufacture website and flashing it.

abdullahmk

i typed your advise "nvflash.exe -5 -6 biosname.rom" and took this warning:
ERROR: No Nvidia Display Adapters Found
now what should i do?
i took place my 9600gt to pci-e slot bu it said No Nvidia Display Adapters Found
:cry::cry: