1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOS or lack of one

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by buzz, Mar 19, 2006.

1. buzz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi people got a big problem here. I have a soltek SL-75FRN2-L Nforce ultra 400 motherboard and AMD 2700+ I only put it all together last week with xp havnt realy overclocked alot it has a 166 Mhz fsb multiply by 2 so i put it up to 185 Mhz and got 2.4 gig out of it. The only problem is that after i switched it off it wont boot up now. I tried both methods for resetting the cmos but still wont boot up what do i do? STUCK
  2. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    post more system specs nad more people will be able to help..or just make signature.
  3. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    i would try and increase the voltage to the cpu, or maybe geta better psu, or it could be a memory prob...it could be alot of things we wont know till you post specs like

psu type and wattage and rail voiltage
    memeory brand and speed
    hardrive
    cooling/cpu
  4. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    if it booted the first time it should boot again if u have really reset the bios back to safe defaults..

trog
  5. buzz New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok well i have corsair ddr 400 ram just the one 512 stick. AMD 2700+ 330 Mhz FSB . I pulled the cpu out and had a look at it and it dosnt look like it has any damage. I Cannot get it to boot up. In other words i turn it on and there is no screen no bios and I have tried resetting the cmos but wont work did i fry my cpu by overclocking it? Would that stop the bios from working?
  6. xdaxxchampxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    when you turn it on does the lights on the mb come on or the fans start spinning?
  7. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeh if you have no lights on the mobo then its a very good chance its you psu.i am guessing you just have a generic psu?
  8. Cybie1111 New Member

Thanks Received:
    There could be a couple possibilites:

1) You fried your Motherboard.
    2) You fried your Power Supply.

But we need more information. We need a Power Supply and Motherboard information.